Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS P85DL value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, first off would like to apologize if this is not the right way to make this post.

I am entertaining on pulling the trigger on a used 2014 MS P85DL.

Mileage is around 9k and they are asking $80k

Specs are below. I am wondering is this way overpriced, even with the specs and the milage? I understand I can get a 75D or maybe a 90D for this price, but I dont think I can get all these options with the 'P' and the ludacris option. I would keep the car for a long time as I have speaking with an OA on showroom discounted cars, but I cant justify leasings a car for $1100/mo and giving it back in 3 years knowing I paid about $50k into a car i dont keep.

Any insights on why I should or shouldnt get this p85D

Thanks in advance.

2014 TESLA MODEL S
condition: like new
drive: 4wd
fuel: electric
odometer: 8600
paint color: black
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
2014 Tesla Model S P85D- Black - Ludicrous MODE!!!

Super Low miles. 8800 miles

Fully loaded. Clean Title. Fully loaded.

1 Owner car. The car is super clean.
BLACK INTERIOR
GREY INTERIOR

Options:
- Ludicrous Mode
-Ultra High Fidelity Sound
-Subzero Weather Package
-Black Alcantara Dashboard
-LED fog lights
-Performance Package with Ludicrous mode
-Grey Next Generation Seats (Front and Back)
-Piano Black Décor
-Panoramic Roof
-Tech Package with Autopilot enabled
-Black Alcantara Headliner
-21 Turbine Grey
-Carbon Fiber Spoiler
- Air suspension
- Ambient lighting package

Reactions: DanCar
If you want all the goodies from a P-car, including the L in this situation, vs buying a new 75D, I’d say it’s a good deal if you can negotiate a few grand off.
Is this a private sale? Was an ESA purchased? Are you able to do so still if not?

That seems like a good price for the options and performance. I have the exact car ( except for int and ext color) and can tell you that the performance will bring a smile to your lips everyone you stomp on if. I actually thought that these were being sold at a few thousand dollars higher price point on the CPO program just a few weeks ago last time I checked.

What is your criteria list? Are you just wanting to get into any Tesla as soon as possible (since you’re bouncing from MS to MX and buy vs lease)? How long are you intending to keep the car?

I am looking to get into either an S or and X whichever gives me the best for my money in the current market.

I have thought of just keeping the 2014 MS P85D , but worried about the car/technology brings obsolete.

Leasing is nice because I can get a newer one but looking at the ml eh being thrown away it pushed my more towards buying used.

I like this 2014 MS P85DL because of specs and low mileage, practically brand new but there won’t be any warranty on it.

Very torn here lol

I like this 2014 MS P85DL because of specs and low mileage, practically brand new but there won’t be any warranty on it.

IMHO, you really can't go wrong with a P85DL. It is a 2014, but it's a December 2014 car, so the factory warranty is good through December 2018. If it's a private sale, buy the ESA for $4750 for 4 more years.

Since it's an early P85D, it most likely has the Performance Plus suspension from the P85+ (this is an undocumented option that most pre-May 2015 P85Ds had, but not all).

Unless you really need the increased range of a 100kWh battery, the P85DL really is the best bang for the buck. Don't worry too much about the upgraded MCU (touchscreen) in new cars. Telsa just sent an update to older cars which really did increase the performance of the older MCUs and Navigation/maps. And AP1 is just so silky-smooth. I use it every single day.

Can you take this P85DL to Tesla for a pre-purchase inspection? That would reveal any faults it might have.

Good luck!

IMHO, you really can't go wrong with a P85DL. It is a 2014, but it's a December 2014 car, so the factory warranty is good through December 2018. If it's a private sale, buy the ESA for $4750 for 4 more years.

Since it's an early P85D, it most likely has the Performance Plus suspension from the P85+ (this is an undocumented option that most pre-May 2015 P85Ds had, but not all).

Unless you really need the increased range of a 100kWh battery, the P85DL really is the best bang for the buck. Don't worry too much about the upgraded MCU (touchscreen) in new cars. Telsa just sent an update to older cars which really did increase the performance of the older MCUs and Navigation/maps. And AP1 is just so silky-smooth. I use it every single day.

Can you take this P85DL to Tesla for a pre-purchase inspection? That would reveal any faults it might have.

Good luck!

Thanks. Just spoke to the seller. He said the battery pack was upgraded b Tesla and he is getting 290ish range with it. Warranty is another 9 months or 41k miles to the 50k mile mark. The battery/drivetrain another 4 year 9 months.

I think this is the one to get. I have him at $77k down from $80k so far.

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
Thanks. Just spoke to the seller. He said the battery pack was upgraded b Tesla and he is getting 290ish range with it. Warranty is another 9 months or 41k miles to the 50k mile mark. The battery/drivetrain another 4 year 9 months.

I think this is the one to get. I have him at $77k down from $80k so far.
290?!?!? My 100% SoC is 241. :(
Besides that, though, having the ability to buy an ESA means I’d personally pull the trigger on this (after more negotiation :)). Good luck.

@mrneef I traded a 2015 fully loaded P85DL (although not listed) to Tesla for 87k almost a yr ago, just to put it into perspective for you they promptly sold it for $97.5k The car you mention is being sold to you for wholesale, so it's a pretty good price!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 7.44.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 7.44.26 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 108