Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS P85DL value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, sorry to hear d-bone. I'd be pissed too to go from a potential 90 to a worse than you had 85.

Do you have to charge it fully to get the full rating amount? Or can I just extrapolate based on 90%? My 90% charge is 223, so that means my full charge is 247.7 or does it not work that way?

Damn, sorry to hear d-bone. I'd be pissed too to go from a potential 90 to a worse than you had 85.

Do you have to charge it fully to get the full rating amount? Or can I just extrapolate based on 90%? My 90% charge is 223, so that means my full charge is 247.7 or does it not work that way?

You should be able to extrapolate and get very close to actual full rated mileage. Occasionally, a deep discharge to 10-20% and then subsequent charge to 100% can help calibrate the range rating. Aside from that factor, extrapolating should be accurate.

How many miles do you have yours?

Another data point, my P85D with 36k miles charges up to about 246-248.

Actually I was told no by Tesla. The cpo only has an additonnal 4 year / 50k warranty and the original 8 year battery drivetrain warranty.

Nick is correct. CPOs do not qualify for the ESA. They get the CPO warranty (2 or 4 years) and that's it. End of the line.

Reactions: Nick B and d-bone
I just had the 85kW battery replaced on my P85D a couple of weeks ago. Based on what I read here from a few people, I was hoping they would replace it with a 90kW. I spoke with the Service Manager, and he suspected that they would replace it with a 90kW also, that is what he had seen done in the past. A few days later, I heard from him again, and Tesla did find a refurbished 85kW battery pack for my car. My car had about 250 miles of rated range with the old 85kW pack (14,000 miles on the car). The "new" 85kW pack I have now charges fully to 240-245. Also, based on the battery information that I have seen, based on the PN for the packs, my old pack was a "version 6", and the new pack is a "version 5". I want to complain about the loss of range from what I had, and the lower version from what I had, but with less than 5% loss of range, I don't think my complaint will go very far....

I think you have a better argument on the grounds that they downgraded you to an older version.

Reactions: HankLloydRight