Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Plaid AC blows hot air for about 1 min

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd send in a service request.

On our '22 MS Plaid I've noted that initial cool down takes exceptionally long, especially that first minute or two with essentially no cooling.

Fort Worth Service Center was essentially worthless, advising "Set it to 'Low'" as if Tesla's automatic climate control is inept.

That said, if everyone starts filing service complaints, perhaps they'll do something to fix it . . . .

Hope springs eternal.

Is there a reason you don't set the temp in the app and get in when the car indicates its ready? I'm assuming it takes a min or two because it's a heat pump and works as an AC and heater vs a traditional AC. The liquid needs to reach a certain temp before it starts working efficiently while circulating. It acts both as a coolant and heat absorber.

I find it strange you're insulting the service reps but don't know how a heat pump works vs a regular ICE AC. Do you complain there is no engine noise either and the car makes a whirring sound when accelerating.

Last edited: