Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Plaid Factory and Max Alignment Specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is interested what my Plaid came with from factory for alignment specs and the maximum front camber/caster that you can archive, see below.
Tesla Plaid Alignment.JPG

I had my plaid aligned only for the fact that I replaced the factory wheels with 20" square setup.
It was recommended by the wheel shop, and Tesla offered it up for free to me while they were replacing the HV pack.
Here's my stats for comparison.
FYI I was told the Caster Values are the correct values for the Plaid, but their software was not updated to show "green" for those values.

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 10.31.54 PM.png

Reactions: MadKuma
I can’t find any shop that can do the alignment for the 2022 Plaid because they don’t have the specs yet. Does anyone know of anyway to get this done outside of Tesla? The tesla center in my town is booked out a few weeks so looking for an alternative.

It doesn't appear any adjustment was made to your camber though. Is there any factory adjustment range to adjust camber?
I seem to remember some pictures of a rear camber adjustment capability.

I do wish there were some real suspension nerds here as I would love to know what Tesla did with the suspension to improve lateral grip soooooo much. My guess is they finally made roll center adjustments to take advantage of that super low CoG but that is purely a guess.

Gone are the days were we could just drop H. Mees (Ford GT then Original S suspension) an email and ask :(

has anyone done an alignment on a Plaid (or LR) yet? is there any factory camber adjustment front or rear?
The original post literally states the alignment is for the Plaid lol There is camber and caster adjustment in the front. No camber adjustment rear. The sheet shows front camber and caster maxed out at low setting.

The car will definitely need front adjustable upper arms to add camber for track duty. The rear seems to be near the sweet spot, so might no need anything there.

Reactions: MrPlaidz
Very curious that the 2012-2021 Dual Motor calls for Front Toe OUT and rear toe IN, but the Plaid is the opposite....

Also OP, kinda odd that they left you with zero front right toe and so much cross caster and cross camber in the front. Does it pull to the right?

I was hoping the rear had some camber adjustment to play. I will be lowering in a couple weeks and the rear seems to get a lot more negative camber when lowered compared to the front. It would be nice to dial some of that out to reduce tire wear. Looks like UP is the only way to adjust rear camber at this point

I used these

There are much cheaper versions out there and, once they are installed, you no longer see them or can tell the difference. That said, these worked well.

Still have yet to get my car in for an alignment check. Will post results when I do.
Old thread but wondering if you ever got your car in for an alignment / alignment check?

Nope. Never saw the need. I'm over 25k miles on my first set of Pilot Sport IIs just getting ready to replace them and wear is perfectly even front and back. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones but at least it is an indication that this generation of cars can be made to have good tire wear without extra parts.

Reactions: AAKEE