Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Plaid order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally ordered my model S plaid. This is my first electric car - I am coming off a 2021 Range Rover with less than 5k miles. Mechanically the car is great, but the tech is 2010. It’s just awful.

Super excited as I’ve waffled with this over the last few months and decided to pull the trigger. Excited too for FSD!!
Congratulations!!

I wouldn't be too excited about FSD though. It's not what you think it is - it doesn't really drive the car.

Reactions: dwalme and XHokie
You willing to drive a little to get one sooner? If so, Do a search on Tesla.com for existing cars by zip for the major cities around Chicago. I did a search in Florida and a lot of plaids ready for immediate delivery. Don’t worry about the price that includes EAP or FSD… you can remove those options.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS
You willing to drive a little to get one sooner? If so, Do a search on Tesla.com for existing cars by zip for the major cities around Chicago. I did a search in Florida and a lot of plaids ready for immediate delivery. Don’t worry about the price that includes EAP or FSD… you can remove those options.
I can’t find anything matching my spec in the Midwest…

I ordered mine in early July and am now scheduled for delivery this weekend. What specs/config did you order?
BFC27E6C-6F7E-40B0-9AE0-C70A46F51106.jpeg

Nothing that would make think it would be delayed, like a unique color or interior choice. I had a couple of EDD changes before my VIN was assigned. After my VIN got assigned, my delivery date was scheduled about a week later. I wouldn’t be surprised if your date changes and they push it up before the end of September to get it into the quarter. Hopefully it is worth the wait though. Good luck!

I don't have a plaid or the vibration. I refer you to the pages of complaints in this forum about them. I do love my S, but it's not perfect.
I’m sure there are hundreds of Plaid owners complaining about vibration and rattling noises. I agree that Tesla lacks good QC when delivering vehicles, regardless of model/variant. I had a 2016 Model X 90D (first generation of the production X) that I loved and kept 6 years. Did it have a couple of minor issues after delivery and ongoing rattles/noises? Sure and it wasn’t perfect like you said. Did it make me enjoy the car any less…that’s an easy no. I also believe there are probably thousands of Tesla owners that have very few to no issues with their cars that don’t spend time posting reviews on forums or talking about it online because they are just blissfully enjoying their cars. Even if I have a poor experience with my S, I will share the facts and hope I can work through Tesla to resolve them. However, I still really hope the next guy that gets one loves their vehicle and has a better experience than me. There’s no value to telling people to prepare for disappointment before they even get their cars…almost hoping they have the same experience you had.

Nothing that would make think it would be delayed, like a unique color or interior choice. I had a couple of EDD changes before my VIN was assigned. After my VIN got assigned, my delivery date was scheduled about a week later. I wouldn’t be surprised if your date changes and they push it up before the end of September to get it into the quarter. Hopefully it is worth the wait though. Good luck!
Thank you!