Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Plaid order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Name a car that is perfect.
My 2011! WRX had no issues. But that's not the point. I know most cars aren't perfect and taking all things in to acccoint the Tesla product is still head and shoulders above the competition. I'm not dogging on Teslas for the purpose of trolling. I'm trying to help you realize, if you didn't already that they are still delivering a number of Plaids with drive train issues that they don't currently have a fix for. Some people think that for a $140k+ car that's unacceptable. If you haven't read about these issues then I recommend doing so. If you really don't care then that's totally your prerogative. Most people come here to learn about their cars or share information.

Last edited:
Reactions: XHokie
My 2011! WRX had no issues. But that's not the point. I know most cars aren't perfect and taking all things in to acccoint the Tesla product is still head and shoulders above the competition. I'm not dogging on Teslas for the purpose of trolling. I'm trying to help you realize, if you didn't already that they are still delivering a number of Plaids with drive train issues that they don't currently have a fix for. Some people think that for a $140k+ car that's unacceptable. If you haven't read about these issues then I recommend doing so. If you really don't care then that's totally your prerogative. Most people come here to learn about their cars or share information.
I've been lingering here for the last 5 years, so I know... plus, I am coming from a Range Rover........................................... Although, I have only had my 2020 for 4900 miles and it's been great!

Picked up my car on Friday - love it. It’s spectacular. Only issue I have is with a rear light. Service coming in a week with a replacement.
46A5FDE5-CAD1-47A4-B116-F651EF516A55.jpeg

I see your trunk/hatch is misaligned as well lol. the inside light sits higher.
Pretty sure at least 80% of Tesla's have such minor misalignments. Not sure at this point if it's worth even pointing out or expecting anything to change as they lack a lot of QC in Fremont, yet their sales and orders are not slowing down. The incentive to improve is very little (speaking now as someone who just bought my 2nd Tesla after 6 years of owning a first-gen Model X).

Also, do most car buyers really look at this type of stuff when comparing to new vehicles from BMW, MB, Audi, Land Rover, Volvo, Lexus, etc.? I will be honest that in over 20+ years of test driving/buying vehicles from many of those manufacturers...looking for millimeters of misalignment on their new vehicles was definitely not even something I thought about. I'm guessing I'm in the minority, since many other Tesla owners on these forums seem to harp on it much more.

Reactions: WilliamG
Pretty sure at least 80% of Tesla's have such minor misalignments. Not sure at this point if it's worth even pointing out or expecting anything to change as they lack a lot of QC in Fremont, yet their sales and orders are not slowing down. The incentive to improve is very little (speaking now as someone who just bought my 2nd Tesla after 6 years of owning a first-gen Model X).

Also, do most car buyers really look at this type of stuff when comparing to new vehicles from BMW, MB, Audi, Land Rover, Volvo, Lexus, etc.? I will be honest that in over 20+ years of test driving/buying vehicles from many of those manufacturers...looking for millimeters of misalignment on their new vehicles was definitely not even something I thought about. I'm guessing I'm in the minority, since many other Tesla owners on these forums seem to harp on it much more.
the lights/trunk misalignment isn't a big deal during the day. but it's pretty noticeable when it's dark since the shape of the led light bar goes across the top to both lights. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, i just think it's pretty funny since my $30k econobox mitsubishi is perfectly aligned inside and out... and so have every car i've ever owned before. You're right, people don't look at this stuff when buying other new cars because it just doesn't happen and i've had my share of econoboxes. Kinda like buying IKEA furniture. is it shitty materials... yes but it all fits together nicely. In the end you either reject the car or suck it up like we all have.