Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS reading your Text messages?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently moved form a Windows Mobile phone to an Android device. I cannot stand it. If it weren't for a couple of apps that I need, I would go back tomorrow. From the day I got the car and paired the WM phone it just worked. Although, it does not integrate with the calendar but that is really just a nice to have for me. I would trade the automatic text messaging for the calendar any day. @BostonS85D mentioned the Car mode. It does work but completely locks down the functionality of the phone making it a non-starter for me.

Although, it does not integrate with the calendar but that is really just a nice to have for me. I would trade the automatic text messaging for the calendar any day.

Funny. My MS works flawlessly with the Windows Phone I have. Including calendar. I have set up about 5 different calendars and they all show up in the Model S just fine. Of course, that might change any day since the app is not from Tesla...

Hey Siri works when the iPhone is plugged in but the audio always comes from the Bluetooth speakers, charging or not. Also, Apple announced iPhone 6s and 6s Plus today that don't need to be plugged in for Hey Siri to work. It's always on.

Slightly off topic but if anyone has Apple Watch and uses Apple Maps for direction, you get both the audio directions from your car speakers and the watch will also gently tap you on your wrist using different patterns for left or right turns. Works great.

With an Android phone, you might be able to get part of this working - by having the audio system set to Bluetooth. But if your phone is connected by Bluetooth and you're listening to another audio source (AM, FM, XM, USB, Tunein, Slacker) - then you won't hear anything from your Android phone - because the phone is sending audio over BT - and the car's software isn't listening.