Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS sneeking out at night?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MS has been hooked up to the charger in our garage for the last 10 days while we have been on holiday. Perhaps out of spite for having been left behind, I suspect that it's been sneaking out at night, stealing electricity from our neighbours. See photo...

I think that grounding it for bad behaviour would hurt me more. So what should the appropriate punishment be?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399309381.170178.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399309381.170178.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 641
My car does this too especially if I tell it not to charge with the Android App. Yesterday, knowing I was not going to drive the car, I used the App to shut charging down. I was out in the garage an hour later and noted the car was making some circulation noises. Not only had the car started charging again, but it also started charging at the full 80 amp current instead of the very slow pace I normally use. I currently have 5 icons around my house all of which have happened in the last month or so after I eased all the old ones upon receiving 5.9.

Your MS isn't wandering. Its on guard duty as you aren't home.

A thoughtful gift upon your return is in order. Maybe a new set of shades or tinting. Or a day at the car spa getting a wash, wax, detail, and new floor mats.

-- Ardie.
Or get the GPS receiver's accuracy recalibrated.