Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS stuck in Neutral - warning lights and notifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I was running some errands and returned to my car after 10 min from being in the Post Office and my dash light up like a Christmas tree.

All the warning lights were on and had the following notifications pop up on my center touchscreen.
- Stability Control Disabled (Contact Tesla Service)
- Car Needs Service (Steering Assist Reduced)
- Parking Brake Needs Service (Car May Be Free Rolling)

The car was also in Neutral and I could not shift into park, drive, or reverse. I also could not "Power Off" using the center touchscreen.

I called Tesla service and had to have it towed to Buena Park and I received a call today from the service advisor asking me what occured because the technician wanted to know. Just daily driving, nothing out of the ordinary and I was only in the Post Office for no longer than 10 minutes.

Has anyone else have this happen to their MS? Seems like an odd occurence and I'm hoping they can figure it out so it doesn't happen again.

I just received the service invoice and this is what they found.

vehicle was towed in, would not drive. tech rebooted vehicle 3x and vehicle cleared itself off all faults. tech then reviewed logs and found alerts present at around 10:30am with the first one being a ACC rail mismatch alert. the following alerts come from that alert of the
ACC relay not powering up that circuit and causing modules to report MIA and vehicle inop. will replace relays and retest vehicle.

Corrections: Relay in Fuse Box - Any tested relay circuit for power and checked ground resistance without relay installed. withing spec. replaced relays, test drove vehicle, pulled final logs. alerts did not return.

I just received the service invoice and this is what they found.

vehicle was towed in, would not drive. tech rebooted vehicle 3x and vehicle cleared itself off all faults. tech then reviewed logs and found alerts present at around 10:30am with the first one being a ACC rail mismatch alert. the following alerts come from that alert of the
ACC relay not powering up that circuit and causing modules to report MIA and vehicle inop. will replace relays and retest vehicle.

Corrections: Relay in Fuse Box - Any tested relay circuit for power and checked ground resistance without relay installed. withing spec. replaced relays, test drove vehicle, pulled final logs. alerts did not return.

Had the same thing happen to my MS, do you remember which relay it was?

The exact same thing happened to me as well. I could not immediately do a hard or soft reboot. Lucky for me it happened at home and didn’t leave me stranded. Service sent a tow truck but before it arrived I tried one more reboot and it worked, clearing all lights. I went ahead and let my baby go to the shop and they found nothing wrong. Initially they told me the same thing about the 12v battery but that tested fine. Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen again.