Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS teams in M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys

I know the browser in the M3 can be a bit slow and flakey at times. Has anyone used Microsoft Teams to conduct a meeting while in the model 3? (while stationary of course!)

Would in make any difference to performance using the built in connectivity of the car, or using my mobile as a wifi Hot Spot?

Thanks in advance to save myself lots of agro if it doesn't work.

E

I've tried Cisco Webex and, while it works, it was cumbersome to use. Of course, voip would not work and you need to use call-back over your mobile. For the content, I would frequently get a spinning update icon and it's certainly distracting while driving so I'm not sure of the value. Further, if your organization has SSO enabled, the timeout value of that credential will dictate the usability, especially if you have non-trivial passwords, that's a real pain to enter even while parked and extremely dangerous while moving. I assume the same would apply towards MS Teams.

Does the MIC not connect via the Bluetooth, just wondering if you could tag a Bluetooth headset in out of curiosity
Yes it does, running Teams on your phone works just fine using the cars mics and speakers. If you use the browser to log in to Teams on the car, it does slowly load, but there is no mic or camera made available to the browser.