Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MSDS Required for Shipping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience shipping Teslas in containers by sea.

Apparently an MSDS is required. I have read that Teslas do not require an MSDS, but still, one is being demanded. Anyone know where to get a copy?

You mean shipping TO Europe or shipping FROM Europe?
In any case, MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) is needed only for "materials" not for "products"
More specifically, MSDS are now-a-day regulated under the REACH directive (1907/2006) which applies to "substances" and to "mixtures" (all of them to be read as "Chemical substances" and "Chemical mixtures"). "Products" (any manufactured good) are specifically OUTSIDE of the REACH regulation, and therefore they do not need an MSDS.
Speak with your forwarding agent and tell him to learn how to do his job.

Safety Data Sheets are only for items, not an entire car. Your car may require a Hazardous Declaration Form. It would fall under Class 9 since it's a combination of a bunch of different chemicals (refrigerant, lithium batteries, oil, etc) This isn't your job and you need to be HAZDEC certified in order to do one anyways. I agreed with f205v. Get your frieght forwarder to do it.

Source
Me...this is my job.

Reactions: f205v
Hola a todos.

Me pregunto si alguien tiene alguna experiencia en el envío de Teslas en contenedores por mar.

Aparentemente se requiere una MSDS. He leído que los Teslas no requieren una MSDS, pero aun así se exige una. ¿Alguien sabe dónde conseguir una copia?
Tengo el mismo problema, transporté mi Tesla en barco y me piden la MSDS para entregármela, ¿podrías decirme cómo te comunicaste con TESLA para que te enviaran la MSDS? Gracias

Hello all.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience shipping Teslas in containers by sea.

Apparently an MSDS is required. I have read that Teslas do not require an MSDS, but still, one is being demanded. Anyone know where to get a copy?
I have the same problem, I transported my Tesla by boat and they ask me for the MSDS to deliver it to me, could you tell me how you contacted TESLA to have them send you the MSDS? Thank you