TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MsElectric, AR, Kugerrand and Johan discuss TMC moderation

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by MsElectric, Apr 4, 2015.

1. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I approve this thread title.

2. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Where's a moderator when you need one?

3. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

I don't drink beer either, it was a choice of words I assumed people might relate to. But maybe one day dirkhh, you, I and the gang will get that chance you mention though - I would expect the content of a pint over my head to immediately lighten the mood.

A really big part of human misunderstanding is that distance and facelessness greatly exaggerates it. It is easier to understand one another correctly when you know them personally. This is not unique to TMC. Our differences might be fairly minor when talked in person, but here it seems to me we don't hear each other - and vice-versa of course.

Safe to say, a big part of why I believe this conversation has worn out not only its welcome but its usefulness is that I think a lot of it is mere misunderstanding, piled over more misunderstanding. Continuing it serves mostly animosity - and that is not my intent at all. I am sure it is nobody's intent.

I tried to bow out of this thread already many messages ago, but came back because dirkhh questioned my silence and I thought since he wasn't a reason for it and thus deserved an answer. I guess in hindsight I should have let that one be as well - live and learn. :)

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Adding alcohol to unrest is a bad plan.

5. AnxietyRanger

I'm thinking more along the lines of breaking bread together.

6. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

You're just jealous because I didn't include you in our Moroccan beach nudefest.

7. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Having grown up in Germany and having been to a number of nude beaches... no, I'm OK with being excluded there...
    I was asking for a moderator to HELP with the name change of the thread, not to ask them to sanction you for an offensive thread title. :)

8. Krugerrand

Yes, but think of the analysis you'll miss with Ranger there. :tongue:

9. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

#129 NigelM, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Bob and Bing (any comparison to Canuck and Johan is purely intentional) were singing together but both enamoured with Princess Shalmar:

10. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I'd take the 'Princess Shalmar' reference - he could have gone with 'camel'. (And yes, Princess Shalmar def tops Princess Tesla. :) )

11. Krugerrand

Cool! I'm in.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, yes! I'm good with Princess Shalmar, though, I'd have probably been okay with Princess Camel as well. I like camels.

12. AnxietyRanger

I'd rather think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

13. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

TMC is a no smoking zone. (Unless it's tires of course). ;-)