TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

MSN.com on Tesla

Discussion in 'News' started by rsquared99, Nov 29, 2008.

1. rsquared99

rsquared99 Member

There is an article on msn.com that sounds like a TTAC death watch notice. Although the author seems to hold the opinion that all pure EV are doomed at this period in battery history.

2. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Can you provide a link?

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#3 TEG, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  4. stopcrazypp

Seems like a lot of people want Tesla Motors dead. And obviously he's not an EV enthusiast either.

The article is a little old since now Tesla Motors does have cars with the new transmission and though delivery is still slow, it is moving at a steady pace and they have delivered what was promised.

So the major point that they "failed to deliver" isn't true.

5. mt2

mt2 Member

The link doesn't appear to work; try this one, Electric Vehicles: Fantasy or Reality? - MSN Autos.

Try this paragraph on for size:
    OUCH! How many things can you find wrong there? The line "all of which have the inferior transmission" is a flat out lie.

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

mt2, I think you just reposted the same link. It just seems to be a little flakey to access right now.

7. Joseph

Joseph Member

The company is in a hard place right now, but I think the author is jumping to conclusions. If Elon could help make a space company profitable, then I'm sure he could help make a car company profitable.

8. graham

graham Active Member

Nice sidebar in that article too:

Is that to mean: to our knowledge none of the 2009 quarters have been delivered?

9. stopcrazypp

Yep I noticed that too. A couple of these "journalists" wrote these articles with the mindset that "I have to write a sensationalist article that puts down EVs". When the facts don't line up to support that conclusion they went ahead with the same conclusion anyways.

If Fisker promised deliver in 4th quarter 2009, why would anyone expect delivery right now in 4th quarter 2008? A lot of the points in these articles don't follow logic at all.

10. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#10 vfx, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
    Maybe it means that Fisker is supposed to deliver a $502.25 rebate to buyers.

It also makes me think about what would be on the Tail side of one...