Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MSP Airport EV Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The good news: there's now about 12 EV parking spots on level 8 (6 red, 6 blue) at MSP Airport J1772 (no idea if level 1 or 2).

The bad news: All occupied by gas-powered cars. Not a single EV. I had to park somewhere else. First picture has my Tesla sitting at the end in a non-parking spot.
IMG_2047.JPG
IMG_2048.JPG

I had to fight with the Mall of America to get them to paint the charging spots green. It was only then that ICE cars stopped parking at them. Same thing will need to happen at the airport, but I go there much less often these days, so someone else will need to take on this one.

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when George parks his car in a handicap spot while the gang goes into the mall to pick-up a present for "The Drake". Jerry's response in the scene when he learned why the mob formed around George's car is perfect for this situation....."Them sons of bitches".

Spoke to someone from the Metropolitan Airports Commission. They were trying to see if minimal signage would work, but they knew they'd likely need stronger signage.

At any rate, they are going to put up both signs and paint on the ground to make things clearer.

The EV parking hasn't even had a hard launch yet. That's next week.

Now Terminal 1 is painted that way, and they have some bit of teeth behind it. First picture is of some gas cars parked in the newly painted EV spots (plus a Leaf). Second picture is the "ticket" they get for having done that.

IMG_2156.JPG
IMG_2155.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

The "ticket" basically says that their violation has been recorded and if it happens again they will be towed.