TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mt. Greylock Scenic Byway

Discussion in 'New England' started by seanmccutchan, Oct 23, 2013.

1. seanmccutchan

seanmccutchan Member

I missed the Mt. Washington tour this summer, yet I was longing for a scenic mountain top drive. I highly recommend Mt. Greylock for those Model S owners in the CT-MA area longing to stretch their cars range on some beautiful roadways. This past Monday we seized the opportunity of good weather and topped off the battery. From Glastonbury, CT we used 61.5 kwh for the 211 mile roundtrip which included mostly 70mph highway and about 30% winding hilly backroads. Using the Lenox, MA town hall charger during dinner we had just enough juice to get home (ours is a ms60). Despite Mt. Greylock being 3500 Ft, and crossing the Berkshires twice, we averaged 291 Wh/m. Warning though, I believe the scenic byway closes Nov.1st. Here are a few enjoyable Model S photos...
    summit.jpg overlook.jpg overlook2.jpg map.jpg

2. anthony

anthony Member

Couldn't quite see as much at the top of mt washington. :smile:
    There's a place called Sunset Rock near the Taconic State park in NY, I would suggest a trip there some time.

3. tmac

tmac Member

It is a fantastic ride. I bike it whenever Visiting my hometown in the berkshires
    restaurant on top is top notch too for dinner. Also can meet lots ' thru hikers ' on the AT on their way to Mt katahdin or Springer mountain!

4. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Thanks, I'll add it to the list. Nice photos...