Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt Kisco NYSERDA rebate issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model 3 that I purchased at Mt Kisco on 8/1/2021. Love the car, makes all my ice cars obsolete.

For the last week I have been receiving emails from someone at customer rebates at Tesla dot com.

She is asking that I sign forms to finalize my rebate and it is very important. One of the forms is the MV 82 which I already signed. I have a registration and clear title already in my possession. What could she possibly need another mv82 for?

Is this normal? What if I blow her off. She has not received any of my replies, probably in her spam folder.

Perhaps ask her for an explanation of why another MV82 is needed. I don't remember whether I specifically signed an MV82, but I must have because I did receive my registration just today (mailed from Mt Kisco for some reason). Fwiw, when I picked up mine there on 8/9, the NYSERDA rebate (only $500 now...) was included on line 5e of the final Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement and I wasn't asked to do anything special to receive it.

Reactions: Crisss1205
She has not responded to email. There is no phone number in her signature.

I am not sure why the additional documents were not in the folder of documents that I signed on delivery day. I am wondering if this is someone who screwed up and wishes to fix the error post facto. I just pulled up her email the documents are: Tesla form Delivery Declaration, Charge NY clean rebate program terms and conditions, MV-82, NYS DMV Certificate of Sale and MV50 Temp registration.

After reading the NYSERDA form in it's entirety, they have a condition that states that I agree to fill out online surveys, and that they can share my information with the utility company. They also have a clause that I will keep the vehicle in NYS for 36 months. Dunno if that will happen, I can't wait to retire and get to a "free" state.