Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt. Kisko NY Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I am waiting for my Y. Hopefully will get it end of this month. I will be taking delivery at Mt. Kisko, NY. I will be driving 326 miles one way to pick the car. I am curious to know, the delivery/pickup experience has been at Mt. Kisko?
Thanks.

I have the option of carrier delivery. But my local service center is advising pick up at Mt Kisko for a better experience! Makes sense if there is something wrong then I can get it documented compared a truck driver dropping it off on the street.

I have the option of carrier delivery. But my local service center is advising pick up at Mt Kisko for a better experience! Makes sense if there is something wrong then I can get it documented compared a truck driver dropping it off on the street.

If it were not for work and a crappy car that my gf and I are sharing currently (mini cooper), we would consider driving the roughly 320 miles we have to get to Paramus, NJ for on-site delivery as well. It would be a total bummer to show up and have tons of defects and end up rejecting, but at least I wouldn't have paid all that money.

All that said, I opted to go with Carrier Direct and take my chances *crosses fingers* that it comes fairly well put together and nothing that would make me pull my hair out.

Hi
I am waiting for my Y. Hopefully will get it end of this month. I will be taking delivery at Mt. Kisko, NY. I will be driving 326 miles one way to pick the car. I am curious to know, the delivery/pickup experience has been at Mt. Kisko?
Thanks.
Sorry to say, but if you have to wait an extended period for your MY your only option may be Carrier Direct.
I have been told that in order for the new Tesla Service/Delivery Center/Store opening in 2-3wks in Smithtown Long Island to conduct business they are taking the business license from the My Kisko location. This comes directly from several Tesla employees working at the only current Long Island Tesla Center. You may want to check with the Mt. Kisko store manager to verify my "inside" information.

If it were not for work and a crappy car that my gf and I are sharing currently (mini cooper), we would consider driving the roughly 320 miles we have to get to Paramus, NJ for on-site delivery as well. It would be a total bummer to show up and have tons of defects and end up rejecting, but at least I wouldn't have paid all that money.

All that said, I opted to go with Carrier Direct and take my chances *crosses fingers* that it comes fairly well put together and nothing that would make me pull my hair out.
They provide free 2 day car rental if it helps. I am planning to schedule the pick up for a Saturday.

Sorry to say, but if you have to wait an extended period for your MY your only option may be Carrier Direct.
I have been told that in order for the new Tesla Service/Delivery Center/Store opening in 2-3wks in Smithtown Long Island to conduct business they are taking the business license from the My Kisko location. This comes directly from several Tesla employees working at the only current Long Island Tesla Center. You may want to check with the Mt. Kisko store manager to verify my "inside" information.

Thank you for the info. I will check this out. Tesla gave the Mt Kisko option only for pick up for me.

@NY_Rob
I have SC right near where I live, so I do not have to travel too far for repairs. I am doing the Mt. Kisko, based on their recommendation. Local delivery/drop off is a problem because I am working out of town during weekdays and if the carrier comes in during a 3 day window for drop off, I may not be able to check the car or even be present to pick it up. So the 326 mile drive seemed the better option. But if it is LI pick up I am not sure.

Hi
Thanks.
Just make sure you put it in your navigation as 'Mt Kisco' - not sure where you'll end up otherwise! ;-)

Picked up two Ts from there, both had a lot of issues which couldn't be fixed by mobile service.
Know that your best chance of getting anything fixed is to leave the car with them to have everything you want done BEFORE accepting delivery. That way you can still reject after they've done their best and get right back in the line for another shot. If you do accept then your first service appointment will be weeks away, long past your 100miles or 7 day turn in options, and you'll be stuck with it.

Picked up two Ts from there, both had a lot of issues which couldn't be fixed by mobile service.
Know that your best chance of getting anything fixed is to leave the car with them to have everything you want done BEFORE accepting delivery. That way you can still reject after they've done their best and get right back in the line for another shot. If you do accept then your first service appointment will be weeks away, long past your 100miles or 7 day turn in options, and you'll be stuck with it.
Thanks.

Darn, I was hoping to not have to drive down for a pickup again (got my Model 3 down there). I don't trust the Y for a delivery with all the quality issues right now..
May be some competition will change all these poor quality/customer service issues...

Lucid Apparently 500 miles per charge...

May be the September battery conference will increase Tesla mileage to 500 as well, who knows?

I have been assured that this is not true.

The limit in NY is on sales locations, not service locations, so they don't need to do anything with Mt. Kisco. It's apparently one of the higher volume locations around, so taking it away would cause some havok!