Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt. Kisko NY Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's as clear as mud fellas :D

I was told that Tesla can only deliver cars at a "Sales" location, and that's what is being transferred from Mt. Kisco to the Smithtown location.. the Sales license/ability to deliver new cars to customers.

IDK, the above could be total BS, but one thing we know for sure is that Tesla is only allowed 5 Sales locations in NY.

1) Manhattan Store
2) Brooklyn Store
3) Manhasset Store on Long Island
4) Smithtown Store on Long Island (opening any day)
5) White Plains Store
6) Mt. Kisco Store

Someone has to go, only allowed 5 sales (and delivery) locations in NY.
I was told by one of the staff at Walt Whitman Mall Gallery that NY is so strict that they've even got in trouble for letting people use their wifi to purchase cars at the Gallery location.

I was told that Tesla can only deliver cars at a "Sales" location, and that's what is being transferred from Mt. Kisco to the Smithtown location.. the Sales license/ability to deliver new cars to customers.

IDK, the above could be total BS, but one thing we know for sure is that Tesla is only allowed 5 Sales locations in NY.

1) Manhattan Store
2) Brooklyn Store
5) White Plains Store
6) Mt. Kisco Store

I was told by one of the staff at Walt Whitman Mall Gallery that NY is so strict that they've even got in trouble for letting people use their wifi to purchase cars at the Gallery location.

Are you sure Smithtown won't just be a Service center instead of a full sales location? I'm a little out of the loop on new stores down state.

Are you sure Smithtown won't just be a Service center instead of a full sales location? I'm a little out of the loop on new stores down state.
I spoke with the future manager ("Store Leader" in Tesla-Speak) of the Smithtown location just a week ago, it's going to be a Sales and Service location. It's a huge building with parking for over 300 vehicles, which they did have there a couple months back. The builder has to deliver the location by 8/15 or forfeit the completion bond to Tesla. As of last week the site looked 95% complete, they should be able to complete the finishing touches in the next 2 days or so. Once it's handed over to Tesla their personnel move in and start delivering cars out of that location. I have been assured I will be able to take delivery of my MY from that location.

FYI, I took delivery of my Model 3 last Dec 2019 at the Mt Kisco location, at the height of the EOY/end of tax credit frenzy. Overall it was a decent/good experience. I rented a car from Upstate NY and drove down (4+hrs), stayed overnight at a local hotel, all on Tesla's dime. It was a crowded scene, but the delivery was fairly timely with only a few waits of 5-10minutes.

There was a very minor paint ding on the car, which I asked to get a touch-up paint kit to fix. They said that they would have given it to me but they did not have the right color in stock. So a very minor disappointment. Otherwise, pretty good experience.

Couple of other tidbits: 1) I requested that they not mount the OEM front license plate holder as I was not sure I liked it. They complied. I would later get my own holder instead of the 3m glued on OEM holder, 2) I had to Supercharge on the way back. I did get a referral for the 1000mi Loot Box credit, but that did not yet appear on my account. Nevertheless I never saw a charge for the charge. (I did ask that they comp me for the Supercharge to drive home, perhaps they did...)

Last edited:

1) Manhattan Store
2) Brooklyn Store
5) White Plains Store
6) Mt. Kisco Store

Not sure this is entirely correct. There is a sales/service location in Rochester, Albany etc.

FYI, I took delivery of my Model 3 last Dec 2019 at the Mt Kisco location, at the height of the EOY/end of tax credit frenzy. Overall it was a decent/good experience. I rented a car from Upstate NY and drove down (4+hrs), stayed overnight at a local hotel, all on Tesla's dime. It was a crowded scene, but the delivery was fairly timely with only a few waits of 5-10minutes.

There was a very minor paint ding on the car, which I asked to get a touch-up paint kit to fix. They said that they would have given it to me but they did not have the right color in stock. So a very minor disappointment. Otherwise, pretty good experience.

Couple of other tidbits: 1) I requested that they not mount the OEM front license plate holder as I was not sure I liked it. They complied. I would later get my own holder instead of the 3m glued on OEM holder, 2) I had to Supercharge on the way back. I did get a referral for the 1000mi Loot Box credit, but that did not yet appear on my account. Nevertheless I never saw a charge for the charge. (I did ask that they comp me for the Supercharge to drive home, perhaps they did...)
Nice. Now they only give one day car rental. No hotel and it sucks.

Not sure this is entirely correct. There is a sales/service location in Rochester, Albany etc.
At least in Dec 2019, Rochester said they were not handling sales/deliveries... perhaps that has changed...

It was a source of major confusion when I was making delivery arrangements because the Tesla sales person (presumably in CA) thought that it should be possible to take delivery in Rochester and schedule it as such. But an email to Rochester (later confirmed with a site visit) revealed that they were not doing deliveries and I had to use Mt Kisco, which was 3hrs more driving than Rochester.

Last edited:
Those are "Service Centers" not "Stores/Sales Centers"....
If you look at the NY Tesla "US Tesla Stores and Galleries" page.. there are only 5 "Stores/Sales" locations, the rest are Galleries, etc...
Now if you add the new Smithtown L.I. location that makes 6 "Stores/Sales" locations, one has to go. I was told that would be Mt. Kisco.
Tesla-Stores-and-Sales.png

I took delivery of my Y today at Mt Kisco.

Problems:
1) Driver side rear panel not seated correctly.
2) Rear seat no lining up, one side is up
3) The rear passenger side lights slightly misaligned.
Otherwise it is good.

The center tried to say I have to make an appt with service center to get the panel issue fixed. I refused to take delivery unless they fix the issue. It was fixed in less than 5 minutes !!!

The seat issue, the delivery person was BSing saying that it is normal. But I accepted the delivery and have started a support ticket for this.

The rear tail light is off very slightly, I guess I will live with it.

There was a blue Y parked next to my car. The tail lights were way off in this car on both sides... !!!

I was told that the delivery guy will set up the car for you and explain everything to you, that is why I was asked to drive 325 miles to pick up the car. But he did not do any of these things, as soon as I signed for the car, he was in a hurry to leave, He was telling me that they are not supposed to help customers with this??

Fortunately, I had looked up on line what I need to do ,so I am ok. I used to long drive to figure out most of the things and to set the car up. I hope the SC does not claim that the rear seat alignment is with in specs.. I go that line thrown around a lot today...

Hope this helps others.

^ thanks for the reply!

So it's a recent build with pretty minor issues that can be corrected. IMO, as long as the paint and panels are good, the rest can be addressed post delivery.

As to the lack of orientation at delivery, there was another recent thread where a woman complained about the same thing out west.. they basically told her it was due to Covid. I wonder if Space-X treated Doug and Bob that way with their new vehicle ;)