Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt. Washington Auto Road in a Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very small change of plans. The new charger is in the far north end of the lodge's paved parking lot which is across the street from the auto road, so we will gather there instead of the gravel lot.

Daniel - is the charger accessible after Auto Road hours, i.e. after we come back down and perhaps while some are in Gorham or elsewhere nearby having dinner? As we discussed I'd love to join but ideally would head back home late that evening after charging as I have commitments Sunday.

Hey NewAmpter Hanover! Just left your downtown an hour Ago. Have 40A at exit 13 Rte 89, which is five exits south of Hanover. All welcome.
Mat awesome and thanks.
Brian 33 hope story land is awesome. I am coming over from Sunapee area via Twin Mtn, the northern route.
All bravo bravo this will be a blast.

We are staying at the Stonehurst Manor in N. Conway. They were the only lodging that replied and said we could plug into 115. A little stress since our car is only a 40, but we only need 80 miles to get back home on Sunday. Thought about hitting the new charger at the auto road in the morning but it would take two hours just to break even.

Update.... wife just plugged in and getting 2 mi/hr. All my calculations were based on 3 mi/hr. So, now my estimate is the car will have 81 miles at checkout time on Sunday. Cutting it close.

Last edited:
We are staying at the Stonehurst Manor in N. Conway. They were the only lodging that replied and said we could plug into 115. A little stress since our car is only a 40, but we only need 80 miles to get back home on Sunday. Thought about hitting the new charger at the auto road in the morning. An hour of charging to bump me up would be nice.

Update.... wife just plugged in and getting 2 mi/hr. All my calculations were based on 3 mi/hr. So, now my estimate is the car will have 81 miles at checkout time on Sunday. Cutting it close.

We are a few minutes from the Attitash Mountain Village. Why don't you stop by and say hi while you charge up there? Call me if you want.

(603) 438-5731

Okay, we're booked at the Attitash Mountain Resort - 3 MS's there (me, dan,and Kumar) - I might leave my car at Hills RV Center to charge overnight, as coordinating 3 chargers might not work.

Bummed out that my camping gear is with a friend up North - would have been fun to camp!!

Dan, I'll ping you tomorrow to find out the exact location of the charger

See everyone tomorrow!
bhuwan

Okay, we're booked at the Attitash Mountain Resort - 3 MS's there (me, dan,and Kumar) - I might leave my car at Hills RV Center to charge overnight, as coordinating 3 chargers might not work.

Bummed out that my camping gear is with a friend up North - would have been fun to camp!!

Dan, I'll ping you tomorrow to find out the exact location of the charger

See everyone tomorrow!
bhuwan

Unless you previously made arrangements with Hills RV to leave the car after hours, please don't do that. It wasn't an arrangement I had discussed with them, and I don't want to abuse their offer.

I am happy to coordinate swap out charging at the building 9 charger on river run road, and there is always the mt washington charger tomorrow as well. :)

I'm really waffling on whether to drive up there now :) Sorta wanted to relax today but don't want to miss the fun!
How much rated range would I need at the base before making the climb? I'm about 3 hours away and will need to charge up there somewhere.. hrm.

Edit: And I'd need to have enough charge to get home tonight as I have plans tomorrow ...

Last edited:
I'm at Tally Ho Campground, been here since a little after noon... I did a range charge before leaving (showed 259 miles), on arriving I had 86 miles left.

There are plenty of open 14-50s here, they charge $10 for charging... I'm getting some charge now (going at 26 miles/hour, voltage shows as 229-230 under the 40A load). Going to leave here around 4:30-5:00, as the GPS shows 36 miles, 1 hour to get to the auto road.

I am at the Glen Lodge across from the auto road. The charger is on the side of the red barn behind the lodge. We are hanging out in the lodge.

Don't forget, you will need at least 40 miles of range to go up and you will likely get about 20 back on the way down.

Just got to the lodge. There's a blue MA plates charging and a gray NH plates. Blue MA, any way I could use the charger for a while? Trying to get back home tonight if possible.

Thanks, Bhuwan!

va7ady5a.jpg

All -

Hope to see a lot of pictures! Wish I could have been there - but I'm hosting the Reus Audio guy here in NY and driving him up to Boston tomorrow for installs...

Ben - glad you went! LiveStream??? :tongue:

Aaron