Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt. Washington Auto Road in a Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading to the Omni My Washington Inn the weekend after Labor Day. What's the best way to recharge there?

We are roughing it....

I've been trying to get Omni to install chargers since winter but they haven't so far. I believe the valets at the main hotel have an outdoor 120v they can access but the auto road charger is a better bet at this point. Please be vocal about asking the Onni for a better solution, and mention that Attitash has done so.

Jason Doyle is the assistant director of engineering whom I've been in touch with after contacting the resort manager's office in January. He told me a month ago that he made an inquiry to Omni Corporate but hasn't received any direction from them. I'm thinking of calling Corporate myself.

I can't threaten not to show up since my wife already made the reservation...

No, but you can make it clear that they need to provide charging if they want repeat business. Your presence makes it credible that you are, in fact, in their client base. It'd be great if you could get some of the staff in the car itself. Too many people don't think that an electric vehicle can be a "real car".

No, but you can make it clear that they need to provide charging if they want repeat business. Your presence makes it credible that you are, in fact, in their client base. It'd be great if you could get some of the staff in the car itself. Too many people don't think that an electric vehicle can be a "real car".

Very good point, Robert. Ed, I'll PM you Jason's contact details if you want to contact him in advance. You might also offer the resort manager a ride.

I would use the 70A EVSE on the side of the Auto Road red barn, if you have dual onboard chargers. Don't forget to leave a donation in the slot. If you don't have dual chargers, there are a number of RV Parks that have 14-50's

And while charging there you could rent bikes (or bring your own) to ride their trails. A nice network ranging from smooth paths to steep single track runs. Looks like they also offer rafting excursions.

Great Glen Trails Mobile s mobile site

In regard to the Omni Mount Washington I have been emailing the General Manager on a non Tesla topic but did inquire about any possible charging stations in future. His response was that mine was the first email he had received about EV charging. He didn't feel that there was much need for it at this point but said that if he received enough interest that he would definitely spend some more time making it a viable option (if anyone wants to email him pm me for his email address). With a 40 it is not an easy trip for us without having charging at the hotel itself. The auto road is still another hour drive so range limits us. The hotel is incredible though and worth the trip if they will allow charging. I spent the day with family last weekend for my grandmother's 90th birthday. We finished with a trip up the auto road on one of the most perfect weather days all season. The coach driver was asking all kinds of Tesla questions after our son told her we had been there a few short weeks ago. They can't wait to have us back up again.

There is an Alternative Energy event coming up on September 14th and 15th if anyone wants to make the trip back up again. They are hoping for a few Teslas. Here's the link with information.

Alt Energy Summit | Mt. Washington Auto Road

Sheri (Mrs. HJ-45)

I received a response from the GM at the Omni Mount Washington today. He and his engineering team are looking at the cost and logistics involved of installing a charger station (or 2) and once they have determined the viability they will let us know if this is something they will do. At least we have them discussing the possibility of an install.

Omni

I received a response from the GM at the Omni Mount Washington today. He and his engineering team are looking at the cost and logistics involved of installing a charger station (or 2) and once they have determined the viability they will let us know if this is something they will do. At least we have them discussing the possibility of an install.

Can you IM me the GM's phone number please...

Can you IM me the GM's phone number please...

I emailed him last night and had a response this evening. Thanking me for my business (three trips last winter) and saying he's looking into it and will let me know. And pleased to know there's a group of drivers within range.

Robert I suggest you email him about staying at Attitash recently and others please do so as well, if you have an interest or likelihood of staying (or stopping to ski or eat) there. Let him know there is a market - part of our role as pioneers to get the infrastructure built out for those to follow. Thanks.

Got this good reply:
Thank you for your note and the information. I am pleased you have enjoyed our resort experience and appreciate having you as a customer. The early growth of electric vehicles is exciting and it is great to know there is group of owners within driving range of Bretton Woods. We will take a look at the feasibility of adding charging stations and if we move forward with one or more, we will certainly let you know.

We hope to see you this winter!