TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Mt. Washington in Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by marsh1n, Jun 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. marsh1n

marsh1n Member

Has anyone driven their Model X up Mt. Washington? I did a bunch of searches and only found people who have done it on the S.

Specifically, is the X too wide?

Thanks.

2. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

#2 Saghost, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    It's only a few inches wider than an S, so I doubt it'd be any different in practice, but I haven't seen a thread on it.

Edit: looks like the requirement is 85 inches maximum including folded mirrors:

Vehicle Restrications

I'm remembering an 81" for the X, but I'm not sure if that was body only or across folded mirrors.

Edit2: 89", 81.5" with folded mirrors per Tesla. It qualifies.

Model X Specifications

3. PeterHG

PeterHG Member

Having taken a couple of ICEs up Mt Washington, I'd sure hesitate to do it with an expensive car. I understand why it shouldn't be a problem for the X, but you're still running an experiment in extreme conditions. Shuttle van sounds good to me

4. marsh1n

marsh1n Member

I saw the specs. Having never been there, are there places you have to pull in the mirrors?I know the mirrors automatically go out on the X, so I'm wondering if it will be an issue.

5. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Never been. It's on my list to do one of these years, though. I believe it's easy to fold the mirrors back in when needed.

6. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

Take the cog railroad from Bretton Woods instead. More fun and your Model X can stay safely parked at the foot of the mountain.

7. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

What? And miss watching that battery monitor all the way down the mountain? How can anything be more fun than that?

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1