Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt. Washington NH - Tesla car club 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome! Sorry, I just saw this - my post was moderated for a long time I guess. :)

Glad you had fun, this year, since it's July, maybe it'll be warm, too!

Good points on the charging, but we're still going to be open for camping on Friday afternoon, and will be loitering around on Sunday. We just elected to not have formal events announced for Sunday, since the attendance just didn't support it. Anyone who's registered is welcome to do a morning run up the mountain on Sunday, after the EVSR team runs at dawn. I think Tim O'Neil is coming again, too (famous rally car driver). I have a couple of other things brewing, hopefully can announce stuff within a week or so.

I've not had a chance to update the charging map, but I know Pinkham Notch now has a station. Howie's talking about putting another one at the Base Lodge too, but not sure on the timing there.

Awesome! Howie just sent me a note, apparently Tesla set us up with two Wall Connect 80 amp chargers just in time for the Summit!

2015-06-26 07.28.02.jpg

All Mat and Brian if Mt Washington. I simply made the suggestion and intros

Bhuwan! Brilliant Bravo Excellente!
Without your push for a 2015 Summer Climb this would not have happened. Great Great Great.
Can't wait.
Mat and all else involved - Thanks.

New Englanders heading to Connect - enjoy! See you all in August.

- - - Updated - - -

Got my car I'm in guys.

Belated Congrats! Hope the first two months have a been a (silent) blast.

We're also working on getting more of the area hotels to install destination chargers so there will be plenty for all that attend the drive. I've had positive feedback from a number of properties and have connected them all with Tesla to take the next steps. Omni Mount Washington is on that list as well as Red Jacket, Bernerhof Inn and Attitash. Red Jacket already had an EV charger in place that we have used during a previous visit so they were happy to install a destination charger. They are offering discounted rates to Tesla owners the weekend of August 9th as well. Just call and let them know you are with the Tesla group. Bernerhof Inn will also offer a special Tesla rate. The owner has been very supportive of EV's and we stopped to visit with him back in April and he loves to talk Tesla.

Sheri

We're also working on getting more of the area hotels to install destination chargers so there will be plenty for all that attend the drive. I've had positive feedback from a number of properties and have connected them all with Tesla to take the next steps. Omni Mount Washington is on that list as well as Red Jacket, Bernerhof Inn and Attitash. Red Jacket already had an EV charger in place that we have used during a previous visit so they were happy to install a destination charger. They are offering discounted rates to Tesla owners the weekend of August 9th as well. Just call and let them know you are with the Tesla group. Bernerhof Inn will also offer a special Tesla rate. The owner has been very supportive of EV's and we stopped to visit with him back in April and he loves to talk Tesla.

Sheri

Thank you Sheri! Great work!

Sheri

Omni's had two 240v NEMA 10-50 outlets in the hotel parking lot for a year and a half now, available even if they don't get Tesla Destination Charging HPWCs in time. I got about 27 mph on them.

The new supercharger in West Lebanon, NH appears to get you slightly closer to Mount Washington. Coming from Western Mass, that would probably be a win. Still not quite close enough to do it without a bit more charging. (I don't think we'll be able to make it, though--have fun!)

The new supercharger in West Lebanon, NH appears to get you slightly closer to Mount Washington. Coming from Western Mass, that would probably be a win. Still not quite close enough to do it without a bit more charging. (I don't think we'll be able to make it, though--have fun!)

I hope that's not why you're not coming! Don't forget there's 80A charging at the base of the auto road, and 48A charging down the road 5 miles at Pinkham Notch.

I couldn't get away from today's activities, so I'm going to be leaving tomorrow morning around 5.30AM from Wilmington. If someone wants to join, let me know.

As a reminder for the folks driving from the Boston area, don't forget to charge tonight at 100%, I-95 to Route 16 is the fastest way to get there and you can expect to have about 60-70 miles left when you arrive at the base if you take that route with an average usage at about 340-350wh/m due to uphill terrain and driving with the speed limit.
The climb itself is about 8 miles long and it will drain somewhere between 40 and 50 miles of range, so account for that considering that there will be plenty of cars waiting to charge at the 3 available chargers at the base.
Going downhill you can expect to regenerate about 25-30 miles by the time you reach the base.

Drive safe and see you all tomorrow :)

I am here now. Right HPWC blew a circuit breaker at 80Amps, using left HPWC and lowered current to 65A, Told Bill at the front desk about it, he is going to get someone to look at it.
At the summit now, 100 mile visibility and 50 degress (took stagecoach up)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: