Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt. Washington NH - Tesla car club 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How was the group drive? Photos?

The group drive was awesome! 2 Roadsters and 23 Model S's. No view from the top though.
Well represented with cars from Syracuse, NY, White Plains, NY, Montreal, VT, etc.

I am going to leave the photos for people who had real cameras and popped out of the sun roof on the way up.

We hiked Arethusa Falls with @aaron and @cinergi on Saturday instead of Sunday.
Sunday was a rolling party as about 15 of us ate lunch in N. Conway after the drive and then later
the party rolled on to the Hookset supercharger.

Here's some fast motion and slide video, up and down Mount Washington.
I believe they're were nearly 30 Teslas, which means that, coming down, they regenerated nearly 1000 miles of range in 17 minutes: enough to drive halfway across the country:

Tesla Mt Washington! Video 8-9-2015 - YouTube

Enjoy- was a GREAT Day.

(Moderators, I cross-posted to "videos", which of course you can move and cross-reference here as you should wish. Many thanks)

Here's some fast motion and slide video, up and down Mount Washington.
I believe they're were nearly 30 Teslas, which means that, coming down, they regenerated nearly 1000 miles of range in 17 minutes: enough to drive halfway across the country:

Tesla Mt Washington! Video 8-9-2015 - YouTube

Enjoy- was a GREAT Day.

(Moderators, I cross-posted to "videos", which of course you can move and cross-reference here as you should wish. Many thanks)

Thanks for posting this Jim!

I think there were 2 Roadsters and 23 Model S's but @Bhuwan would know best.

Are there any plans for doing something like this when the snow thaws in 2016? I take delivery of my Model S in about a week and the first thing I thought was what a shame it was I was going to have to wait until spring to take it up to the top of Mt. Washington.

Are there any plans for doing something like this when the snow thaws in 2016? I take delivery of my Model S in about a week and the first thing I thought was what a shame it was I was going to have to wait until spring to take it up to the top of Mt. Washington.

Every two years has been our schedule :) but you're welcome to join the MeetUp group and organize an event!

Every two years has been our schedule :) but you're welcome to join the MeetUp group and organize an event!
So, it's coming up on two years since the last time. Any group interest in Mount Washington this summer, or am I going alone?

A fall foliage tour along the Kancamagus Highway (Lincoln to Conway) would be fun, too (and easy, with the Lincoln Supercharger).

So, it's coming up on two years since the last time. Any group interest in Mount Washington this summer, or am I going alone?

A fall foliage tour along the Kancamagus Highway (Lincoln to Conway) would be fun, too (and easy, with the Lincoln Supercharger).

You might want to consider making contact with RiverWalk management at Loon Mountain. Prior to the Lincoln SC opening my friend at NHEC mentioned that they were interested in a future dedication event. It shouldn't be any factor, but at the time I recall he said Tesla offered encouragement, but perhaps would be too busy to participate. Good luck, any activities outside the drive will help to generate interest.

Labor Day weekend?
Why wait until the end of summer?

I had actually hoped to do it this past weekend myself, but it didn't happen. Was longing for more mountain roads after returning from the Black Hills near Custer SD, and an aborted attempt to traverse Trail Ridge Road in Colorado on my return (they hadn't quite finished plowing it yet - closed 11 miles in).