Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud Flap Adventure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Tesla mobile service came to my office today and fixed the misaligned wheel well panel. The guy couldn't have been nicer and also checked the tire pressure and cleaned some polish residue off the black trim delivery missed. He also gave me a handful of the plastic clips holding the mudflats on in case some pop out in the future. Total cost $0. Happy customer here!

I just installed the RPM Tesla ones - well, the fronts at least. Don't have the right size wrench for the bolt in the rear. The fronts took me about 7 minutes total. They look really good, nice and integrated.

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

I just installed the RPM Tesla ones - well, the fronts at least. Don't have the right size wrench for the bolt in the rear. The fronts took me about 7 minutes total. They look really good, nice and integrated.

View attachment 652106

View attachment 652107
If you are going to attempt the rear install, please please please watch this video showing the correct was to safely remove the bolt. I was fortunate to ask one of our office facilities guys to basically just do it for me (and we followed this videos instructions).

View attachment 652106

View attachment 652107
I had the same front flap experience. Seems like the key to the rear 10mm bolt is to unscrew it carefully with no torque. I still have not installed the rear ones

I had the same front flap experience. Seems like the key to the rear 10mm bolt is to unscrew it carefully with no torque. I still have not installed the rear ones
Use lots of liquid wrench/WD. Start removing the bolt and shoot more in and tighten it back up to squeeze the liquid into the threads. At the sign of any resistance stop and re-apply more fluid and re-tighten the bolt a few turns before trying to remove it again. Go nice and slowly and try to apply as little pressure as possible.

I just installed the OEM mudflaps on my car. It was super easy. I was going to have Tesla do it but they wanted something like $90 so I decided to do it myself. Does anyone know if it's possible to add the mudflaps to the on screen car avatar?