Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flap plugs - need new ones

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslerati sells a set of four push clips for "Tesla" mud flaps, without identifying which models they are compatible with. Pushpin Pop Rivets for Tesla Body Trim, Mud Flaps (Qty. 4-pc)

I have a 2022 X, just installed the mud flaps, but one of the push clips wouldn't push all the way in, even with a hammer. I didn't know then that I needed to take out the center piece first. Now I figure I should replace them all and install them the right way... Has anyone tried the Teslerati push clips with an X mud flaps?

Teslerati sells a set of four push clips for "Tesla" mud flaps, without identifying which models they are compatible with. Pushpin Pop Rivets for Tesla Body Trim, Mud Flaps (Qty. 4-pc)

I have a 2022 X, just installed the mud flaps, but one of the push clips wouldn't push all the way in, even with a hammer. I didn't know then that I needed to take out the center piece first. Now I figure I should replace them all and install them the right way... Has anyone tried the Teslerati push clips with an X mud flaps?
I heard back from Terlerati today. Their pushpin pop rivets fit the Model 3 and the Model Y, but sadly not the X.

You can buy this kit from Tesla for £5.40
M3 MUD FLAP FASTENER KIT (1531766-00-C) it includes 4 x push clips and 2 x 10mm bolts. The use pins are the longer ones that are about an inch long.
I got my from the service center and they just added the cost to my Tesla charging credit card.
After damaging the fittings of my mudflaps by mounting a curb yesterday, I ordered these parts from Tesla service using the app. They are indeed £5.40, but delivery was £10 on top.

I stumbled upon this thread after my front mud flap came loose and the plugs had been pulled out...

In the end I managed to reuse the plugs without the need for new ones

You can using a flat blade screwdriver push the pin out far enough to get some pliers to pull the rest off it out..

I simply reseated the mud flap and put the plugs in... Then a tap with a hammer to push the pins back in...

The mud flap / plugs are just as tight now as the other mud flap..