Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps for refresh model s sold out… any good options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mud flaps for the refresh model s have been discussed quite a bit and questions often direct users back to 36-page-long discussions where people engineered their own flaps or discuss how incredibly poor the flaps out there are.

Tesla’s own flaps have been sold out for a while and by report hang too low, constantly scraping the ground.

Any reasonable options actually out there? I found the following but it looks like the kind of flap where debris could trap between the flap and the paint and cause damage.

It is ridiculous that this car which is so subject to kicked up debris doesn’t have reasonable flaps standard. Forcing owners to find and personally grease-monkey install mud flaps is the kind of non-premium experience that owners of 6-figure vehicles should not have to contend with.

Tesla Model S 2016-2022 Mud Flaps

I purchased a set of the OEM mud flaps but never put them on (had extra layer of PPF added to the rear fender).

i'll probably sell them for what i paid + shipping since i don't need them anymore. let me know if you want it... i need to post it in the Classified when i get a chance

I purchased a set of the OEM mud flaps but never put them on (had extra layer of PPF added to the rear fender).

i'll probably sell them for what i paid + shipping since i don't need them anymore. let me know if you want it... i need to post it in the Classified when i get a chance
Hey, I am in south bay. can I get them off you? I can pick up. Thank you

My thoughts exactly, maybe they changed the design a little? Will see however I have nothing to compare it too. Being located in Canada mine will not come before yours so maybe report back after install?
My plan is to hold it up along the install site and if it looks like it’s really close to the pavement then I will assume design has not been refined, and trim. There are some good pics from the original buyers on threads here, at least one with ruler measurements.

Anybody have a suggestion on best way to trim? I was thinking of marking a line and using some good tin snips rather than a rotary tool, as the material is apparently soft/rubbery.

No, super easy install (5min). Pull out old plastic rivets, install flaps with new rivets (2 per side)... done
Simple install but it took me quite some time for one rivet (on each side) to snap in. It was as if the holes were not aligned, but then all of a sudden it just snapped in place. So far so good and I have not noticed any scraping (the rubber is so flexible I don't think it would make any difference).