Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud Flaps Install - Missing Grommet and Hole

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After seeing the damage done to the rear door from gravel and rocks, I decided to install the RPM mudflaps.

The driver side went on perfectly fine, but when I inspected the passenger side, I noticed that there was no grommet in the holes didn’t align.

Without the the second grommet, there is no way this thing will stay on or stay flush.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Are you just drilling holes?

After seeing the damage done to the rear door from gravel and rocks, I decided to install the RPM mudflaps.

The driver side went on perfectly fine, but when I inspected the passenger side, I noticed that there was no grommet in the holes didn’t align.

Without the the second grommet, there is no way this thing will stay on or stay flush.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Are you just drilling holes?
Are you talking about the front or rear? My experience with RPM was a "sloppy" fit even with all the push pins installed. I had much better success with Basenor - very solid.

I installed the the RPM and they went on fine other than a known issue with the RR and a poorly torqued bolt. So, my RR just has the two push pins but it's on tight. After that I installed the Tesla PPF in front of the rear wheels! Hopefully that'll all help.