Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps & Model Y

interfx

Feb 22, 2020
Greater Atlanta
So I've had my MY for two weeks now and am noticing a lot of road dirt, spray behind my wheels (20" induction).mmWhat mud flap options exist? I've seen a few model 3 versions - but most are saying they don't fit the model Y.

What are others trying or waiting on to install?

TeeeeeeDub

Jun 16, 2020
SoCal
I’ve not seen any MY’s with mudflaps. I do have to say that I’ve never been a fan of mud flaps on any car. I am getting the rocker panel and area behind the rear tires, covered with PPF.

Reactions: TesslahRich66

BreatheEasier

Mar 26, 2020
Northern Virginia
I’ve not seen any MY’s with mudflaps. I do have to say that I’ve never been a fan of mud flaps on any car. I am getting the rocker panel and area behind the rear tires, covered with PPF.

Do you mean the painted area above the rocker panel? The rocker panel on the MY is black plastic vs. painted like an M3. My detail shop said you cannot PPF black textured plastic rockers/wheel arches,etc.

Bikeman

Jan 30, 2020
Chicago Area
Somebody is going to have to make mudflaps for the Y eventually. Ben Sullins in one of his latest "Is the Model Y Worth $68K?" video, at the 3:40 mark is reason enough for front mud flaps, according to the installer. Reason is the flared out rear wheel well which is less protected than the M3.

Jun 6, 2020
atlanta
With a little modification fitted the front flaps. 2 screws and some silicone glue to secure it. Hopefully this will prevent rocks from hitting the rear quarter panels.

Attachments

• IMG_3091.JPG
    IMG_3091.JPG
    644.1 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_1565.JPG
    IMG_1565.JPG
    647.4 KB · Views: 548

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC