Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps & Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Tesla Shields mud flaps and they actually cover a lot more than those. Plus you don’t have to mess around with the bolt at all.
View attachment 702357
But the photo of the rear mud flaps still shows the mold where the bolt needs to be threaded through.

1630160011912.png

I had difficulty unscrewing the screw on my right side and ultimately ended up breaking the nut on the other end resulting in a dangling screw that won't come out.
Ultimately had to use a hack-saw to remove the screw.

After installing amazon mudflaps, I used one of the provided clips to fill out the hole.
Would’nt the loose part inside cause damage over time?

Just finished reading through 26 pages about mud flaps and I have a question that I don't think has been asked here before:

Of all of the various styles out there, e.g., Abstract Ocean, Basenor, A-Premium... Which are the SMALLEST? I'm not looking to attract much attention to mud flaps. Looking for the least obtrusive option.

Just finished reading through 26 pages about mud flaps and I have a question that I don't think has been asked here before:

Of all of the various styles out there, e.g., Abstract Ocean, Basenor, A-Premium... Which are the SMALLEST? I'm not looking to attract much attention to mud flaps. Looking for the least obtrusive option.
I think the RPM Tesla mudflaps are the most factory-looking. I also recommend only installing the front ones, the rears aren't needed due to the design on the rear of the Model Ys.

Reactions: beezy