Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps & Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've had my MY for two weeks now and am noticing a lot of road dirt, spray behind my wheels (20" induction).mmWhat mud flap options exist? I've seen a few model 3 versions - but most are saying they don't fit the model Y.

What are others trying or waiting on to install?

i ordered a set of mud flaps (Model 3). Will not fit on a Y. The moldings are in the way to get a good fit and mount the flaps. Waiting on an aftermarket made for the Y. Don’t waste your time buying for a Model 3 it won’t fit at all.

• Informative
Reactions: beezy and madmax240
I found another source for mudflaps specifically made for the Model Y: Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps
I have no affiliation with this seller, have not yet purchased mudflaps for my Model Y.

:eek:

There is very little information at that web site. Who makes these? All I can see is "Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps" and a picture of a tool. Where are these made? By whom? Nothing there to tell you. Never seen a company put up such a poorly assembled site to make purchases from. I would be very very careful.

Anyone else have paint damage like this or just me? Washed the car yesterday and noticed tons of damage on the rear doors in front of the rear wheels and a little on the plastic behind rear wheels.

This is a performance Y after 2 months of ownership and 4k miles driving on normal roads, no gravel or off-roading of any kind.

I need mud flaps and help on how to fix this.

View attachment 606282 View attachment 606283 View attachment 606285 View attachment 606286
I had the same problem that I took delivery of the car. Had to drive on packed snow with cinders and it ended up doing more damage to the paint that you had. Tesla should not be selling the car w/o PPF on the back door!

Please report back. They're sold out now.
The eBay ones turned out to NOT fit and were also hard plastic. :-(

Oh? I may have purchased the last one as I placed my order at 11:23am est.

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 11.42.37 AM.jpg

• Love
Reactions: dmd2005