Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps & Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The white MY in the photo DOES have plastic wheel well trim...at least the photo I'm looking at does.

Yes, but that picture of the MY does not have mud flaps on it

They claimed that this is a new product that will fit the model Y using the existing holes that it already has.

The MY only has one hole with a push rivet at the bottom and inboard, and maybe one underneath. The image shows a few holes running up the wheel well trim which would not be existing. They may use clips that slide onto the molding but I don't see that in the image.

Interested to get feedback once you receive them @CoOlxtOny.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I broke down and bought the ev mudflaps. They are pricey compared to the other options listed, but when I factor the time I saved trying to slap something together they are totally worth it.

They are flat sheets of plastic but they provide great coverage, feel really durable and heavy, and after driving through some snow/slush/sand they do what they're supposed to.

Plus since they are flat, everything just slides right off them in the parking lot. A lot of these molded ones have hollowed out openings that are just going to trap and build up crud in them.

I broke down and bought the ev mudflaps. They are pricey compared to the other options listed, but when I factor the time I saved trying to slap something together they are totally worth it.

They are flat sheets of plastic but they provide great coverage, feel really durable and heavy, and after driving through some snow/slush/sand they do what they're supposed to.

Plus since they are flat, everything just slides right off them in the parking lot. A lot of these molded ones have hollowed out openings that are just going to trap and build up crud in them.
Same here. I was waiting for something a bit better looking, but now I love my EV mudflaps - I can drive in any conditions and feel confident I'm not tearing up the back half of the car. I've got PPF down there but with 21s or 20s I was still getting damage to the plastic trim and a small area outside the PPF. Now it's clean!

• Informative
Reactions: grayiw and Krock65
Tesla 20-21 Model Y Standard Rock Guards

$30 shipped!
I bought these ones they are front only, more a function over form flap. Rears aren’t necessary IMO. I just got snow tires put on and had first snow... it’s obvious that the rear tire sprays FORWARD of the wheel well more than towards the rear. Went with the Tesla PPF as it appears to mostly cover the spray I had.

Attachments

• B9103BA9-A99E-4F50-B5CE-493C0C262F8B.jpeg
    B9103BA9-A99E-4F50-B5CE-493C0C262F8B.jpeg
    500.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 27F619E5-8372-47F1-8834-52067CBB9751.jpeg
    27F619E5-8372-47F1-8834-52067CBB9751.jpeg
    558.3 KB · Views: 140
  • C97AE8C6-20F5-4AA8-91C1-ABAFEA685BB0.jpeg
    C97AE8C6-20F5-4AA8-91C1-ABAFEA685BB0.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Tesla 20-21 Model Y Standard Rock Guards

$30 shipped!
I bought these ones they are front only, more a function over form flap. Rears aren’t necessary IMO. I just got snow tires put on and had first snow... it’s obvious that the rear tire sprays FORWARD of the wheel well more than towards the rear. Went with the Tesla PPF as it appears to mostly cover the spray I had.

Let us know how they are once you get them and install them. They are not $30 shipped FYI, it adds about $12 for shipping for 48 states.

Reactions: JGhere
I couldn't wait for rally armor to release their urethane kit so I got some of their universal basics and cut/drilled to size. Front looks a little funny I'm assuming because the staggered wheels make the rears poke out more. I'll probably bring in the front a little more (maybe half inch) so that everything looks more flush. The mud flaps are centered to the wheel and offer full protection from the tread. Pics are of the test fit with clips only.
20210124_214716.jpg
20210124_214734.jpg
20210124_214741.jpg
20210124_220239.jpg

I couldn't wait for rally armor to release their urethane kit so I got some of their universal basics and cut/drilled to size. Front looks a little funny I'm assuming because the staggered wheels make the rears poke out more. I'll probably bring in the front a little more (maybe half inch) so that everything looks more flush. The mud flaps are centered to the wheel and offer full protection from the tread. Pics are of the test fit with clips only. View attachment 630488 View attachment 630489 View attachment 630490 View attachment 630491
I think it looks just fine! Thank you for sharing...