Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps & Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've had my MY for two weeks now and am noticing a lot of road dirt, spray behind my wheels (20" induction).mmWhat mud flap options exist? I've seen a few model 3 versions - but most are saying they don't fit the model Y.

What are others trying or waiting on to install?

I’ve not seen any MY’s with mudflaps. I do have to say that I’ve never been a fan of mud flaps on any car. I am getting the rocker panel and area behind the rear tires, covered with PPF.

Do you mean the painted area above the rocker panel? The rocker panel on the MY is black plastic vs. painted like an M3. My detail shop said you cannot PPF black textured plastic rockers/wheel arches,etc.

Somebody is going to have to make mudflaps for the Y eventually. Ben Sullins in one of his latest "Is the Model Y Worth $68K?" video, at the 3:40 mark is reason enough for front mud flaps, according to the installer. Reason is the flared out rear wheel well which is less protected than the M3.

With a little modification fitted the front flaps. 2 screws and some silicone glue to secure it. Hopefully this will prevent rocks from hitting the rear quarter panels.

Attachments

• IMG_3091.JPG
    IMG_3091.JPG
    644.1 KB · Views: 1,931
  • IMG_1565.JPG
    IMG_1565.JPG
    647.4 KB · Views: 774