Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps & Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I'm being too anal or what not, but do most of you have numerous scratches and nicks on the plastic rockers like I do?
It looks almost unnoticeable in darker light but when I take a picture of that same area with the flash on or run my fingers over those areas it feels all scratched up as hell! I drove around without front mudflaps for about 1000 miles. For those of you who put mudflaps on earlier, are you seeing as much scratches on your rockers as I am??

I just hope the mudflaps will mitigate any more scratches...

View attachment 634054 View attachment 634055
Welcome to the club. My side panel rockers look just like yours. Didn't notice until few weeks ago (at about the 2000 mile mark). Notified Tesla and to replace both sides its $510 with the install included.

Yeah no drilling required. Pretty straightforward installation. The front uses push-in rivets and the flap itself has a clip to secure it to the trim (I didn't use it though). The rear also uses push-in rivets, a clip on the flap, as well as a bottom hole that uses the same screw for the rear bumper. The rear is very secure after that screw is tightened.
I think this is the way to go. Tesla front's and these rears. Too bad you have to order two different sets to cover 4 wheels.

Reactions: beezy
Welcome to the club. My side panel rockers look just like yours. Didn't notice until few weeks ago (at about the 2000 mile mark). Notified Tesla and to replace both sides its $510 with the install included.

Wow...surprised they covered this. I'm at almost 6000 miles, and took delivery in late June 2020, and just installed the flaps this weekend and noticed the rocker damage as well. I guess it wouldn't hurt to notify them that both of my rockers are pretty chewed up at this point. Not holding my breath they will cover after this much time/miles. My SC is Sterling, VA or I can go to Tyco Rd. Did you get this done in Rockville?

Wow...surprised they covered this. I'm at almost 6000 miles, and took delivery in late June 2020, and just installed the flaps this weekend and noticed the rocker damage as well. I guess it wouldn't hurt to notify them that both of my rockers are pretty chewed up at this point. Not holding my breath they will cover after this much time/miles. My SC is Sterling, VA or I can go to Tyco Rd. Did you get this done in Rockville?

Yeah 6k is way too much. People have reported damage after less than 1k miles.

Yes my SC is in Rockville. I told them to hold off on getting them replaced since we are still in winter season and don't want the same issue happening again.

If anyone is looking for the OEM Tesla Mudflaps, I'm selling mine for $30 for the pair. Local pick-up only (SF Bay Area).

- Slightly used (had them on for about 2 weeks)
- In excellent, like new condition
20210214_002025.jpg
20210214_002000.jpg
20210214_001938.jpg

Never intended to keep them long term. Was waiting for the molded mud flaps to arrive which I think just look better. Turns out the OEM Tesla flaps also scrape over speed bumps since they hang so low, so I guess that would be another reason for me. lol
Are these not molded? Of which molded mudflaps do you speak? I’m trying to sort out which mudflaps you think are superior...