Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud Flaps Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can speak out of experience, we got the EVMudFlaps for our MYLR and used them for an entire year in Alaska (6 months of harsh winter Mud+Snow) and they are extremely well built and sturdy. They are on the higher end of the price spectrum but they are worth every penny IMO. You will need a pivot drill attachment to make the job much easier.

Don't drive much on muddy or dirt roads, however was thinking of Front mud flaps or going with PPF kit like the one below for the lower Drivers and Passenger Rear Coverage. I tend to think that mud flaps will be beneficial for front tires kicking backs stones, dirt etc as well as to minimize water spray while driving in the rain? Thoughts. I do have a hood, front bumper, fenders etc covered in PPF.

I went to the Tesla site to check out their OEM mud flaps and the page says they are not compatible with my 2020 Model Y. Why would that be? I don’t believe Tesla has changed the wheel well design. Did they add screw holes to mount the mud flaps since 2020?
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 7.42.57 AM.png

We don't mean to sound bias but we really do have the best fitting Mudflaps and accessories for your model y (and model 3) see for yourselves. We think our flaps look better than OEM. Our mud flaps, model y Floormats, and underseat storage is available now!
IMG_7082.jpg
IMG_7081.jpg
IMG_7083.jpg

Just an update which I've also posted on one of the other mud flap discussions....If you drive in snow, any version which features a "cupped" design will definitely pack in snow, and eventually break off. I'd hoped the Tesla front mud flaps with their flat surface would be better, but the answer is no. I lost the LF Tesla mud flap today and had lost the rear cupped mud flap a couple weeks ago. Aurgh.

Using the Basenor mud flaps all around and really liking the way it looks. Have not driven the car much but the service center did, during heavy rain here in the Bay Area and it held up like a champ. I see a bunch of mud stuck on it so it seems to have done it’s job, lol

Reactions: BitJam
Just an update which I've also posted on one of the other mud flap discussions....If you drive in snow, any version which features a "cupped" design will definitely pack in snow, and eventually break off. I'd hoped the Tesla front mud flaps with their flat surface would be better, but the answer is no. I lost the LF Tesla mud flap today and had lost the rear cupped mud flap a couple weeks ago. Aurgh.
Good info. I don’t see many at all here in the front range with flaps. I ordered a set but might return them as I’m having PPF done on the car which should mitigate the issue with rock chips tearing it up.