Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps/PPF kits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
Hi, I know that some have managed to get free front mud flaps from Tesla but I've also seen they have PPF which also comes under all weather protection kits, has anyone managed to get both FOC and do they charge you for fitting?

Thanks, at that price I think I'd rather get the paint redone! It's a car for work and I'd like to keep it looking good as the miles rack up but not to that expense! I fully understand others that don't do much driving or want to keep it for many years investing in such protection. Out of interest why does it offer better protection? Does it cover a larger area or is it thicker PPF?

Thanks, at that price I think I'd rather get the paint redone! It's a car for work and I'd like to keep it looking good as the miles rack up but not to that expense! I fully understand others that don't do much driving or want to keep it for many years investing in such protection. Out of interest why does it offer better protection? Does it cover a larger area or is it thicker PPF?
The PPF in the Tesla kit only covers a small area by the wheel arch, not the entire rocker panel.

Reactions: m3gt2
Does it cover a larger area or is it thicker PPF?

Xpel PPF is like Claire Bennet and is self healing...

Rocker Panel Kit (ULTIMATE PLUS) - exact version needs verifying. We got the version that wraps around the panel edges.

or all options Paint Protection Film Pre-Cut Kits

Prices are as supplied as pre-cut kits so indicative relative pricing only. An approved fitter will cut their own from official patterns so pricing will be rolled into the fitting cost.

My 70 plate M3LR Arrived with front flaps attached. However, it also had a pair of flaps in the frunk - are these intended for the rear or were they left in by mistake?

Any other 70 owners found the same?

yes! Watched videos and googled away and I figured these were splash guards - so good to see it confirmed here. I do too much city driving that these will scrape and make noise way more than they provide protection (I think...) so for now I’m not fitting them.

do you have a PPF kit?

I note the link above mentions how to fit it but I’ve not yet found it in the car (if it’s there!) I wouldn’t mind some sort of protection from tarmac chips on the roads