Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud Flaps Recomendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^Jeremy3292 is correct. The “retaining clips“ don’t fit and nothing goes together like the YouTube video. And the $100+ price is joke. However, having tried other mud flaps I’d still recommend them them as they are the least invasive (touch the paint/body the least) and are less porous than the other offerings (should keep the debris from getting trapped behind the mudflap and the body). Plus, I think they look the best once installed. For those that are concerned, I assessed the main purpose of the retaining clips was to keep the clip from rotating as you tightened the screw, so once installed the clip served virtually no purpose. I was able to get my hand behind the flap and hold the clip as I tightened it, thereby overcoming the clip issue. Its too bad no manufacture can come up with a perfect solution and as the consumer, you’ll just have to decide what’s more important to you; cost, function, or ease of installation. I prioritized function at the expense of cost and ease of installation.

I just bought a new set of mud flaps from T solutions for $70. They don't wrap around the paint, seem straight forward to install I'll advise once they arrive.
I don't know if they've made any changes to their product, but I had their flaps for a while. Make sure you clean the surface in the front fenders where the double-sided tape will stick. Or buy some more double-sided tape and add bigger pieces. Both of my front ones came loose after a while and I had to re-attach them with bigger pieces of double-sided tape. Other than that, the fronts look good. I didn't like how the rear flaps mounted, with having to bend them a certain way by putting tension on them with the rear bracket. If you don't get them just right, the flaps will bow out from the wheel well and look ugly. Also, the rear flaps tend to not sit vertically level (the lower part sticks out more than the top part). Let us know how you like them once you install them.

Reactions: Birdsfan
I've had the RallyArmor mudflaps on my M3P for 35+K miles, no problems. Essential for the weather here in Montana.

Anyone tried the motrobe mud flaps? Debating whether to get them or not bother with any? Wanting as OEM look as possible, not the rally car look.
The Motrobe mud flaps are exactly the same as the ones mentioned in the thread with the terms Basenor, generic Chinese clones, Amazon mud flaps, RPM Tesla mud flaps, Abstract Ocean mud flaps, and AliExpress mud flaps.

First, they only provide front ones. Second, they can rub on the car frame and scratch the paint. Third, they leave a hole open for crap to get in and humidity to stay stuck in there and make the car rust. Fourth, they are either too short (without the rubber extensions) or too long (with the rubber extensions). Hopefully that's enough :D

Reactions: android04
I'm a bit late to this conversation, what is the problem with the genuine Tesla mudflaps?
I have them and like them very much. I never heard of the negative things mentioned above. I think they are the best looking, and definitely like that they are flat and don't wrap around to the paint like so many aftermarket ones do, and that they install so easily. They seem to work great.

I'm a bit late to this conversation, what is the problem with the genuine Tesla mudflaps?
They are now my favorite choice and also the best looking IMO. I don't see any problems with them and they don't really touch the paint at all except maybe for a little bit on the very underside of the car.

But I live in a temperate area and don't deal with lots of snow or mud, just really rain only. Also you should be washing your car regularly anyways, so any crap that gets stuck in the mud flaps will wash out.

Fourth, they are either too short (without the rubber extensions) or too long (with the rubber extensions).
As I mentioned earlier in this thread (linked to my post in a similar thread), I solved that problem quite easily

Question for those who purchased the EV Mudflaps for the Model 3. I just received a set and the tire side has a gloss scratched, pitted surface. I thought it was a plastic covering but the manufacturer said it wasn't. I've never had mud guards with a reflective gloss finish. It looks bad already and guess it will even look worse after a while. EV said I was the first to complain about this and after a while it wouldn't be noticeable?? Once installed, is the gloss reflective coating noticeable?

I went with these. They do not wrap around your car's panel and risk scratching the paint.
You may need to apply extra double sided tape but overall i'm satisfied with these.

TSportline Model 3 mud flaps

1646782295394.png

I found an stl file for front flaps and had them printed in PETG for about 25 bucks. They don't drill into the body at all - they use a factory plastic rivet and then sandwich the fender lip for a really secure install.

PXL_20220307_183310371.jpeg
PXL_20220307_183341028.jpeg
PXL_20220307_183515596.jpeg

The file can be found here if you're interested, and I used Treatstock to find a printer. I would like to find a similar solution for the rear.