Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps that don’t have issues in winter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe try to find a similar length plugs as EV Mud flaps but a bit smaller? Canadiantire should have them.
That’s exactly what I had to do. On the other side I had the exact same issue with the exact same hole (closest to the trim, rear tires). The other rivet went in fine on the rear and all rivets for the front.

Bought these from Lowes , they were a bit too thin but once I screwed in the plastic pin it seemed to hold decently and combined with the screws into the plastic panels should be fine.

Took me 20 minutes with these vs wasting 3 hours and breaking skin on my fingers (not to mention the incessant swearing) trying to get the original rivets in.

Maybe Tesla drilled a slightly smaller hole there for some ungodly reason to mess with my head.

BA2B4D11-8E35-4202-A2CA-F1FD4FE1C796.jpeg

For others who are struggling with installing the EVMudFlaps on the rear tires, they made and sent me this video insisting the rivets would go in as they do it daily:

I had already tried exactly that. Maybe the car needs to be on a hoist for better leverage, but again, all I managed to do was break the skin on my index finger trying to turn the rivet into the hole, it simply wouldn't work on either side, certainly no where near as easy as it is depicted in the video. Maybe I will try heating the sh*t out of the rivet even more next time (probably have to wear gloves since I had heated it to the point of burning) and try to get just the clip in and then add the pin after.

For others who are struggling with installing the EVMudFlaps on the rear tires, they made and sent me this video insisting the rivets would go in as they do it daily:

I had already tried exactly that. Maybe the car needs to be on a hoist for better leverage, but again, all I managed to do was break the skin on my index finger trying to turn the rivet into the hole, it simply wouldn't work on either side, certainly no where near as easy as it is depicted in the video. Maybe I will try heating the sh*t out of the rivet even more next time (probably have to wear gloves since I had heated it to the point of burning) and try to get just the clip in and then add the pin after.
Sorry you had such a rough time with it, but glad you got it. I have a model 3 and the only tough issue I had was getting the old plugs out due to sand and ice (I waited until the temp warmed up to the single negative digits). Used hot water in a spray bottle. Just ordered new PPF strips though for $5 since mine aren’t sticking that well. My fault though for doing it while still cold out. No warm garage to work out of.