Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor 【V2 Mud Flaps For Refreshed Model S Arrived】If you purchased V1 and would like a V2 rear mud flaps replacement, PM us!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have your product for my Model Y. Good stuff! Thanks! The rears fit great and are rock solid. The clips on the front are not that great and bending slightly. I also recommend 3M tape to hold it down at the tops, clips work great on the bottom. Finally, can you include a flush point? Maybe a hole in the bottom to flush water into! Lastly, the molded shape looks great, but it does scratch the paint or plastic fender liner overtime. I have PPF on my car. Others are not aware of these issues. Any fixes for that would be great. I'm planning to order a Model S LR and hope these will be available before June! Thanks!

I have your product for my Model Y. Good stuff! Thanks! The rears fit great and are rock solid. The clips on the front are not that great and bending slightly. I also recommend 3M tape to hold it down at the tops, clips work great on the bottom. Finally, can you include a flush point? Maybe a hole in the bottom to flush water into! Lastly, the molded shape looks great, but it does scratch the paint or plastic fender liner overtime. I have PPF on my car. Others are not aware of these issues. Any fixes for that would be great. I'm planning to order a Model S LR and hope these will be available before June! Thanks!
wow! these are some valuable design suggestions! thank you for all of these, we will definitely bring these into consideration and make improvement on the design. again, thanks for this!

@AOSK Thank you for doing this! I am blown away that no good after market mud flaps exist for this car. I got mine in Dec, had to wait 2 weeks to get it in for PPF, and in that time so much damage occurred that I had to get it repainted. I now have full PPF + Ceramic but am still sketched out. Will be eagerly watching the development here, can't wait to purchase...
Wait. I think I am misinterpreting. Did you say that you had to get a car fully repainted after two weeks?

Wait. I think I am misinterpreting. Did you say that you had to get a car fully repainted after two weeks?
Not fully repainted, just the areas that were damaged. We happened to have a bad snowstorm right around when my car was delivered and before I could get it in for PPF. The damage done was significant, see attached picture. I ended up getting it into a shop to handle, let it sit for 2 weeks, then had PPF and ceramic done. Wasted thousands of dollars, major lessons learned...
Car.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Proppilot
Wow. Thats significant. It looks like the OEM PPF was on there, but did nothing at all to protect? Is that paint damage all through the PPF?
Yep, OEM PPF didn't stand a chance, it was pitted throughout. Even the body shop was shocked when I brought in a two week old car with this level of damage. I'm not sure if this problem is as bad for 19s, but with the 21s, you have be really careful. The car has held up well now with proper aftermarket PPF, but I won't feel comfortable until I also get mud flaps put on.