Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor 【V2 Mud Flaps For Refreshed Model S Arrived】If you purchased V1 and would like a V2 rear mud flaps replacement, PM us!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd test them for you, too, but we don't have mud roads here in CA. We pave roads for the times it rains here (and to keep the dust down when it's not raining), and we drive on the pavement,. Even my driveway is paved. I don't understand the "savings" in driving through mud, gravel, dirt, rocks, etc. and needing mud flaps and paint repair and PPF all over simply because you can't afford to pave your roads.

I lived in Missouri for 20 years, and everywhere one went was on gravel roads. It sure messed up the paint just in front of the rear wheel wells. Glad I moved.
Paved roads has little to do with wanting to run “mudflaps”. They are also known as “splash guards”.

I doubt roads anywhere on earth don’t have some sand and grit on them. Sure some are worse than others.

The grit gets kicked up and sand blasts the area directly behind the wheels. There is even PPF in front of the rear wheel from the factory to help reduce pitting. Model Y comes with mudflaps from the factory.

When it’s wet out mudflaps reduces water (dirty water with sand and grit) from the road being sprayed up onto the entire side of the car.

I don’t drive on licked cleaned roads and is does rain here. So I want “mudflaps”.

I'd test them for you, too, but we don't have mud roads here in CA. We pave roads for the times it rains here (and to keep the dust down when it's not raining), and we drive on the pavement,. Even my driveway is paved. I don't understand the "savings" in driving through mud, gravel, dirt, rocks, etc. and needing mud flaps and paint repair and PPF all over simply because you can't afford to pave your roads.

I lived in Missouri for 20 years, and everywhere one went was on gravel roads. It sure messed up the paint just in front of the rear wheel wells. Glad I moved.
I live in CA and only drove my model S on paved road.

The tire is very sticky and you have no idea how badly it damages your entire rear fender without mudflaps

little update about the mud flaps we been making, its been taking much longer than we expected.
on our last test, it was 95% fit, but we definitely dont wanna bring a product thats not 100% perfect to owners, so we been spending time to change our molding. Changing a molding is a tricky task, it take us longer time to get it done, sorry about the wait, and thank you all for the interest.

Reactions: Ray_R
Thanks for the update. I’ve actually been avoiding driving my car until I can get a full set of four mud flaps installed. Three months old and still less than 300 miles on it. So please keep the updates coming!
The OEM flaps have worked surprisingly well. So well I may not bother upgrading them if these ever materialize. I have a camp on a 1 mile gravel road I visit every weekend. 250 mile highway road trip. 2300 miles on odometer. Nothing seems to get past the flaps. And surprisingly the rear stays fine. I have the summer 19” tires.

I trimmed 1” off them.

The OEM flaps have worked surprisingly well. So well I may not bother upgrading them if these ever materialize. I have a camp on a 1 mile gravel road I visit every weekend. 250 mile highway road trip. 2300 miles on odometer. Nothing seems to get past the flaps. And surprisingly the rear stays fine. I have the summer 19” tires.

I trimmed 1” off them.
how do you install the OEM flaps?

how do you install the OEM flaps?
3 plastic rivets. The most time consuming part is trimming them. Which is easy. Some folks don’t trim. But with car on low they are literally a 0.5” above the ground or less. 1” trim seems pretty good. I keep the car on medium height and they periodically graze speed bumps and when turning around on my gravel road I can hear them graze.

@AOSK I think that due to this wait the people in this threat waiting should be offered a discount. It’s obviously not about the money. We can all afford this expensive car and would like to protect it. It’s really about the principal and lack of communication.
Their mud flaps for the Model Y typically go for @$40 or less. Seems like a pretty tight margin as it is. Personally, I wouldn’t need any discount as an incentive to buy. Especially considering the other options available, or the lack there of.

Reactions: 2 weeks
I for one won’t assume the pricing will be the same for the S since it is lower volume than the 3/Y. I already have the factory ones on the front, and I may just go with some generic ones on the back, trim them to look nicer, and call it a day at this point.

That is a problem with the carbon fiber ones earlier in this thread. They basically look like the generic ones but out of CF. No offense to the producer but not my style.

I for one won’t assume the pricing will be the same for the S since it is lower volume than the 3/Y. I already have the factory ones on the front, and I may just go with some generic ones on the back, trim them to look nicer, and call it a day at this point.

That is a problem with the carbon fiber ones earlier in this thread. They basically look like the generic ones but out of CF. No offense to the producer but not my style.
I agree on the price. I was just using their existing product as a reference. My guess is the set of four will still be less than $100.
And if they end up looking similar to what they show in the original post, I like that molded look and I’m in. All assuming they can produce a final version fairly soon.