Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 being delivered in two weeks. Have been reading about mud flaps to protect rocket panels. Is this an absolute necessity? Tried contacting the showroom but they have not responded. Is this something they can install?

I chose to install them quickly after I received my M3. This is not an absolute necessity unless you plan on driving on rocky and/or snowy roads on a regular basis, which I do. Also, don't bother scheduling a service appointment, you can easily install them by yourself (if I was able to, you will be too).

Upvote 0
I put them on my previous car (M3 Mid Range) and will put them on my new car (SR+) when it arrives. I never saw any issues with paint being destroyed without them... but I will say the car stayed cleaner with them. That said - if you live somewhere where it gets snowy and icy I would assume that they will ultimately get destroyed and need to be replaced (ice builds up and if you hit a bump right etc. they get crushed or pulled off). Definitely worth having IMO - but don't overthink them. They are semi-disposable. Also - they are easy to install.

Upvote 0
Did you install the large or small mud flaps?

For the Tesla OEM kit, I thought the mudflaps by themselves looked a little small but was afraid the additional splash guards would be too close to the ground and scrape. I found it was easy to cut the splash guards shorter.

Reactions: Koolio46
Upvote 0
there seems to be mixed feelings about putting mudflaps on a Tesla Model 3 Performance.
[,,,]What do you think?

Definitely maybe, but only if you go with this brand:

trOADCx.jpg

Upvote 0
I ordered Basenor mud flaps immediately upon ordering my Model 3 Performance Edition and I love them. I read several posts that say the curvature of the body on the model 3 is susceptible to rocks flying up from the wheels. I personally think the mud flaps actually give the car a slightly MORE sporty look. Here is a link to the ones that I went with:

Upvote 0