Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud Guards...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it says no drilling but are you still putting new holes in the wheel well or using existing ones?
The only hole is made by pushing a trim screw into the wheel well at the top of the flap, at least on mine...

Attachments

• IMG_20190710_103224245_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190710_103224245_HDR.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: jebinc
Bro what? I was a SQC guy too! 2007!
I hit up Costas the owner of Rallyarmor. He installed the test version and luckily enough it seems to be perfect. Very happy with it. Should be released in a couple of week. He’s a very detailed oriented guy, so he wants to make sure everything’s perfect.
Two screws on the bottom for the bracket then there’s three nuts you just have to screw into the bracket’s bolts. No drilling required because of the brackets. All hardware will be included.View attachment 463225

Damn sqc is everywhere lol. Used to love my suby.

Yeh I’m OG SQC 014. Tell Costas to hook me up!!

Visionary...hmm Sam?

6AD7A8BC-0B26-460F-8587-DAD2DD88FD09.jpeg

I used Armour Guard, standard black on black and had them delivered in just a few days for less than $35. You do have to make some cuts to the fronts and drill the holes. All told, it still took less than an hour and I set them where I like, not like pre-drilled. I also used the same push pins to fasten them.
BTW- black on black is the lettering they all come with and is least noticable, to me. This is how I set mine, only 2 1/2" from the level ground in front.View attachment 457183 View attachment 457184 View attachment 457185 View attachment 457186 View attachment 457187 View attachment 457183 View attachment 457184 View attachment 457185 View attachment 457186 View attachment 457187

As they say beauty is the eye of the beholder.

Not my type I guess.

Reactions: Perscitus
Beauty in function first
Exactly. I'm not too wild with how big the Rally Armor mud guards (more like "flaps") are, but I'll take the paint protection over looks any day. Still, they aren't exactly ugly, either. :D

The other mud guards shown on the Rally Armor site are quite spendy, and I'm expecting the Model 3 guards to be the same. Small price to pay to protect the paint, though.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Hah! Good to know that it took so long for a 3 to wreck in his area. You and N54TT cracking me up! I had a 74 Courier in the 90's with a 626 engine and Rx-7 5 speed that started my mudflaps use. Always liked their products and good, nice looking flaps for a good price.
Install seems easy enough from the pic you posted. I'd love to see the rears and a 3/4 view of both, iydm. :)
Exactly. I'm not too wild with how big the Rally Armor mud guards (more like "flaps") are, but I'll take the paint protection over looks any day. Still, they aren't exactly ugly, either. :D

The other mud guards shown on the Rally Armor site are quite spendy, and I'm expecting the Model 3 guards to be the same. Small price to pay to protect the paint, though.
yes ive had these for a week+ now. My lower doors are so clean vs before. All the residue,soot,leaves,etc are on the mudflaps!!!

Attachments

• 67672E8A-033B-4D4B-BCF1-A5440C14ABCD.jpeg
    67672E8A-033B-4D4B-BCF1-A5440C14ABCD.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 105
  • DAB1C86C-09C5-4AE3-A8B2-E73A0ABF0611.jpeg
    DAB1C86C-09C5-4AE3-A8B2-E73A0ABF0611.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 6E57FA7B-D766-4D1B-8674-10C8D76836A5.jpeg
    6E57FA7B-D766-4D1B-8674-10C8D76836A5.jpeg
    558.2 KB · Views: 104
  • AE2389A2-4485-4161-BE1A-5B9733B7250D.jpeg
    AE2389A2-4485-4161-BE1A-5B9733B7250D.jpeg
    669.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 9460A0CD-80B7-4779-A307-091C21E117C7.jpeg
    9460A0CD-80B7-4779-A307-091C21E117C7.jpeg
    687.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Informative
Reactions: Phlier
yes ive had these for a week+ now. My lower doors are so clean vs before. All the residue,soot,leaves,etc are on the mudflaps!!!
Thanks for letting me see those views. You'll notice how clean the whole underside of the 3 stays. I've said it before, function before beauty, but I do like the looks. Simple and clean. Again, the red letters are a nice touch.
Well done bro! :cool:

Hey Mike, funny how we both ended up w/ Teslas!

Did you guys know each other on the Subie forum?

Yes. We knew each other pretty well!! That was back in mid 2000’s. Then he went Acura and I went bmw lol. Now back to same cars 15 yrs later.
Our mods weren’t just for looks...but we tracked them too!! Pic from an HPDE event we went to with another buddy.

Just so we don’t derail the thread lol. I’m not sure how I feel about those bolts on the rallyarmor flaps...not sure how it would go..might go with the molded mud guards during the winter for a cleaner look.

29D8E03D-DC8C-4EF0-A462-E5E3A7FDBFE1.jpeg

I’m not sure how I feel about those bolts on the rallyarmor flaps
I'm with you, Mike. I think push pins would've looked cleaner. The only place I couldn't was the top of the fronts where I used trim screws. The fiber liner sure flaps around a bit.
I, for one, am glad to hear your guys banter back and forth. Highjack away! Funny meeting you both here in thread and you know the owner of the co I've used forever. Rally Sport, Rally Guard and Rally Armour now! Damn they got big and I'm super happy to hear an American co that I like is kicking ass, like Tesla!
Nice running into you both. :cool:

@ Visionary and N54TT. I was going to post the acronym SQC and it's been so long since I thought of it. Remind me again...
Solid Quality Competition? Great Org.
Thanks.

The SQC we were talking about is Subaru Queens Crew. Started with a group of people hanging out at alley pond park...getting together for meets, bbq’s, cruises, auto-x, HPDE events. Membership grew by word of mouth, pretty close nit group, was like a fam and ranged from stock to wildly modded cars. They eventually opened up membership to anyone that went into FiZZ and paid....grew so huge....didn’t really know a lot of the new members. But there was always a core of us that always met up and went to events/meets together. Good ol days when I didn’t have a fam and had the time for all those shenanigans lol.

The SQC we were talking about is Subaru Queens Crew. Started with a group of people hanging out at alley pond park...getting together for meets, bbq’s, cruises, auto-x, HPDE events. Membership grew by word of mouth, pretty close nit group, was like a fam and ranged from stock to wildly modded cars. They eventually opened up membership to anyone that went into FiZZ and paid....grew so huge....didn’t really know a lot of the new members. But there was always a core of us that always met up and went to events/meets together. Good ol days when I didn’t have a fam and had the time for all those shenanigans lol.
Right on. Looks like you had them set up for tracks so naturally...:rolleyes:
And I do love your group and most like that. Better to have your kids become motorheads than some of the alternatives. Thanks for filling me in on that SQC group. Even tho mine has a different badge, I do love them Subis. Catch you on another thread brother. :cool:

Sorry to necro an old thread, but I’m gonna necro an old thread. :)

@Sclew thanks for the RallyArmor information. They are finally in stock! Just ordered a set. I’m not wild about them having the RallyArmor logo painted, but am willing to put up with aesthetics that I don’t really care for in order to have superior mud guard functionality; it’s that important here in the desert.

Thanks to everyone for all the help. Much appreciated.

I’ll post pics once I get ‘em installed.