Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud on the Door Sills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, this is a problem for me, too!
I would like to drive my wife next saturday on her birthday to a very fancy restaurant for a fine dinner. But the weather is bad over here. So, Houston we have a problem. What will she say if she has to step out with all this mud on the way out?

the build up is such that it must be cleaned off, but you need a light touch to avoid scratching the paint.

Try pouring water on the door sill and letting it wash the debris out, rather than brushing it. It might be a problem if it's so cold that it instantly freezes, but otherwise it seems to work pretty well and leave no scratches.

I know what she'll say, but I don't think we can post that kind of language here...:wink::biggrin:

As Bolsky recommended, maybe you can rinse the car clean at home...take a couple of warm water bottles and a microfiber cloth with you so you can clean the sill before she exits the car...kind of like Sir Walter Raleigh & his coat! :wink::biggrin::biggrin:

Yes, this is a problem for me, too!
I would like to drive my wife next saturday on her birthday to a very fancy restaurant for a fine dinner. But the weather is bad over here. So, Houston we have a problem. What will she say if she has to step out with all this mud on the way out?

Thanks TEG... figured there probably was a thread here but the search functions aren't so helpful.

My motivation for starting the thread: Someone inside Tesla (shhh) is trying to tinker up a solution, but will require corporate and engineering approval to make it available to the public. I'm trying to get enough people to chime in about this that corporate will be motivated to make it happen.

Some better front mud flaps might be a start.

Seems someone had that added on certain Roadsters that went to Scandinavia.

For instance, look at the mud guards on these:
IMG_8650_01.jpg