TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Muddy Brown when

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by montgom626, Mar 31, 2014.

1. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

My battery appears to get a muddy color to it when the charge drops to around 50 miles.

muddy small 2.JPG Muddy small 1.JPG

2. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

That's interesting, I never looked. Now I feel like I should go drive off 100 miles to check if mine does the same...

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Yes, that's what it does--if you drive it too far it will turn red. You should also see a power limit bar.

4. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

The brown is really yellow. It goes from green to yellow to red.

5. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

True that! Yellow and green make brown. Drive it a bit farther and it turns more yellow. It does not, however, turn from yellow to orange to red. It goes from yellow directly to red. That's when you know you really MUST stop. Experience is a GREAT teacher, but she can be harsh!

6. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Interesting, I hadn't seen the multiple shades of green->yellow. To me it was always a two color change.