Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mudflaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got these...no drilling. Model 3 Mud Flaps Gen. 2 Screw-less (Set of 4- $39 with 20% Off)
10 minutes to install all of them...could have been quicker if I didn't do it in the dark.
Made a big difference in keeping the side and rear of the car cleaner.
2-21-2020 Titan7 T-S5 Technica Bronze 11.jpeg
2-21-2020 Titan7 T-S5 Technica Bronze 3.jpeg
2-21-2020 Titan7 T-S5 Technica Bronze 6.jpeg
2-21-2020 Titan7 T-S5 Technica Bronze 4.jpeg

Reactions: outdoors
Beautiful. Thanks for the link. I like the fact thatthere is no drilling involved. As a photographer, I'm curious what you shot those with. Please let me know.
Sony A9 with 24-70 G Master Lens.
My car is entirely rapped in Satin PPF so the look is different and fair point that sclew makes about rubbing paint. I can see how this could rub the paint but since I'm wrapped I don't think abou it.

How do they affect range? Any difference?
I like the look of the rallyarmor ones.
None that I have experienced, actually. I was expecting a hit but wh/mi remained the same. I commute 30 miles each way every day. I cannot speak to the Rallyarmor ones since those stick out further.

These are junk that WILL **** up your paint, unless you have a layer of PPF underneath. If you do, it will eat from them in a year or less and still **** up your paint.

They look good though, but break if you attempt to remove them.

Rallyarmor ones are grossly overpriced and require plenty of modifications to sit securely.

Get the OEM ones, at least those won't give Tesla a reason to deny you rust warranty.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kleenerth3
These are junk that WILL **** up your paint, unless you have a layer of PPF underneath. If you do, it will eat from them in a year or less and still **** up your paint.

They look good though, but break if you attempt to remove them.

Rallyarmor ones are grossly overpriced and require plenty of modifications to sit securely.

Get the OEM ones, at least those won't give Tesla a reason to deny you rust warranty.
I thought it was shown how the tesla ones are bad too cause it allows for a bunch of gunk to get stuck behind it and between the paint.

I thought it was shown how the tesla ones are bad too cause it allows for a bunch of gunk to get stuck behind it and between the paint.
Gunk will accumulate regardless due to fender liner design. But these cheap Chinese flaps do not sit securely on the car. They will move in place and scratch the paint. It's possible to have them mounted securely with extra work (and PPF will still be required) but it makes them non-plug-n-play.

Reactions: gcmak
Get Rally Armour. They are the best for the money, no questions. I don't know what some of these "experts" are talking about but these were less than $40 shipped. Several other threads dealt with this subject and I was surprised how many people came around in the end to Rally Armour. Yeah you can spend more but it's mudflaps!
IMG_20190712_121536812.jpg
IMG_20190710_103054158_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190710_103224245_HDR.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: dsgerbc
Get Rally Armour. They are the best for the money, no questions. I don't know what some of these "experts" are talking about but these were less than $40 shipped.
Sclew has the expensive ones, with stainless steel brackets and polyurethane material. Those are $200.
What you bought is cheap generic hard plastic with a logo that won't last more than a couple of cold winters, and is mounted to the liner up top, so it will be just as secure as the liner, that is it will rattle. Those are better than the Chinese crap in OP in a sense that they won't scratch up the paint, but they look worse and still likely damage the paint along the edge of the wheel well.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kleenerth3
With or without mudflaps, those bronze Titan7 T-S5 wheels look great on your white Model 3 Performance !
Thanks! Just got lowered too!

Attachments

• 3-21-2020 Model 3 Performance Lowered 4.jpg
    3-21-2020 Model 3 Performance Lowered 4.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 3-21-2020 Model 3 Performance Lowered 7.jpg
    3-21-2020 Model 3 Performance Lowered 7.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 3-21-2020 Model 3 Performance Lowered 3.jpg
    3-21-2020 Model 3 Performance Lowered 3.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 3-21-2020 Model 3 Performance Lowered 5.jpg