Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi-camera / Quad-camera solution for Model S / X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just joined. I have a 2015 S AP1 which I love, except .... I'm looking for two things: cameras to assist parking and blind spot alert or view while driving. I see BearBu developed one and is working on the other. Is there (or will there soon be) a system to do both?

Yes, BearBu has done that. Its unlikely that anyone else is working on another system. You might be able to find a front camera kit that someone did not install yet. That kit was developed in 2014 and repeated in 2018. But production was stopped and it was sold only owner to owner, not a retail product. BearBu is your best bet. His is an impressive and clever system.

Reactions: StarLog
sorry man. Project development has been postponed due to the coronavirus, sigh.

Just to get you guys a good news that we have cracked the image from the Tesla fender (side) cameras (RGB, not RCCC). Next step is to convert and fine-tune the image for more integration to our QUAD-cam board. Moreover, this is only cool for AP0 and AP1 model S guys (for those doesn't have side-camera installed). Currently AP2 and above Model S/X cannot use this solution with your in-car fender camera because the signal bridge/pass-thru has not been solved, still trying.

Stay healthy! Be strong. ;)

sorry man. Project development has been postponed due to the coronavirus, sigh.

Just to get you guys a good news that we have cracked the image from the Tesla fender (side) cameras (RGB, not RCCC). Next step is to convert and fine-tune the image for more integration to our QUAD-cam board. Moreover, this is only cool for AP0 and AP1 model S guys (for those doesn't have side-camera installed). Currently AP2 and above Model S/X cannot use this solution with your in-car fender camera because the signal bridge/pass-thru has not been solved, still trying.

Stay healthy! Be strong. ;)

Good hustle, @BearBu ! Looking forward to seeing what this setup will look like once complete.

Sorry for the belated project update, as I have been messed up with the part number issue of the fender camera (there are so many versions for fender camera and there is some image color different from different version), anyway, will figure out soon!

here is the first image captured from fender and displayed on the screen FYI. Hope I can post more pics / videos after the image colour fine-tune (that’s the most time-consuming part)

Looks promising now. I would really like to install AP2/AP2.5 on my Pre AP S and just use them for blindspot cameras.
I would be ideal to have the option to have them up all the time like the rear camera can, or the option have have the left or right camera come up on the screen when you put on your turn signal.

Looks promising now. I would really like to install AP2/AP2.5 on my Pre AP S and just use them for blindspot cameras.
I would be ideal to have the option to have them up all the time like the rear camera can, or the option have have the left or right camera come up on the screen when you put on your turn signal.
Should better get the AP2.5 or later camera because the image quality of the AP2.0 camera is "weird". Low intensity, low brightness and the white balance is "red tendency", very very hard to tune to be normal/realistic. :oops:

I agreed on using the side camera to monitor blind spot....maybe have it to record activity around the car...like sentry mode

You are suggested to consider the 360 system as it has the recording function. This quad-cam solution is a simply display function of left/right fender when you trigger the turn signal. For normal status (D/N/P), the image of front camera is displayed