Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi-coat red in all its glory in the morning sun and getting a window tint job

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I managed to take some photos today that I hope captured the beauty and intensity of the multi-coat red. I didn’t have time to drive to a glorious outdoor setting, so I concentrated on angles and close ups of the car in various bright indoor and outdoor lighting conditions.

The first shot were taken in early morning light, just as the sun began reflecting on the car. I included my curbside charging station in a few of these shots, just to show it off (it works great).

I also took the car to D&L Professional Window Tinting here in Maryland to have the tinting done. I had 3M Crystalline 40 installed on the side and rear windows and 60 on the windshield. I also had them install a protective shield on the touch screen. The photos of the install were shot under fluorescent light but the red still looks fabulous.

The D&L team are a bunch of perfectionists. The job took about two hours. They fit the film on the outside of the windows first to get a perfect fit then transferred the film to the inside surface.

The install team marveled over the car and obviously gave their work extra care.

I’ll take some more photos tomorrow that capture the tint in sunlight.

DSC_3189.JPG

DSC_3191.JPG

DSC_3196.JPG

DSC_3198.JPG

DSC_3199.JPG

DSC_3206.JPG

DSC_3209.JPG

DSC_3211.JPG

DSC_3214.JPG

DSC_3233.JPG

DSC_3235.JPG

DSC_3241.JPG

DSC_3243.JPG

DSC_3245.JPG

DSC_3246.JPG

DSC_3250.JPG

Looks great artsci, congrats! Can you post some interior shots? Did you get delivery of your spoiler, rear mat and parcel shelf? Did the cup holders have cinchers? I guess no on the fog lights, huh?

Did you not order the CF spoiler, or was it a due bill item?

Didn't order it.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great artsci, congrats! Can you post some interior shots? Did you get delivery of your spoiler, rear mat and parcel shelf? Did the cup holders have cinchers? I guess no on the fog lights, huh?

The car was delivered with the parcel shelf and rear mat (which I immediately replaced with the luxe Lloyd mats which was the first pre-delivery accessory I had ordered for the car months ago). Didn't check cinchers on the cup holders as I'm the spill master and no beverages will ever see the inside of my car:) But I'll check tonight. Interior shots coming later.

Did you have the complete front windshield tinted? Interesting, as many states do not allow it - they allow only a strip applied at the top.

The car looks beautiful. We had a Red car at the Tesla event in Tampa last week - beautiful color.