Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi-Coat Red Pics from today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that's pretty much what I did... was ordering the Red, they said it would be months, so I bought the Grey, then when the reds started hitting the streets I called up my guy at Tesla and said I wanted one, he said they have a loaner car I could have now, done deal the next day... :)

Wasn't a loaner car. It was mine that was ordered 1/15 reserved since January 2012 and to be picked up today. Tesla communication is deplorable. Even have the docusign documents emailed Friday night and Monday. Tuesday morning I am told it was sold instead of being told the time for pick up appointment
Can you say outrageously pissed off at Tesla?:cursing:

So you can walk in off the street and pick up a car the next day someone waited months for but tough luck if you are the one that waited and Tesla doesn't answer the phone, return voicemails or emails.
Finally got emailed Saturday saying looking forward to getting me into my new Tesla. Then yesterday all hell broke loose.

Enjoy it as I am absolutely miserable about what they pulled. Worse yet you live close by as I saw it going to visit a friend a few houses away in IF. (IF is proof of truth to owner)

No Tesla grin here after years waiting

Ill be surprised if this post stays. Pro Tesla TMC moderators are sure to delete it.
It's all true and have the proof.
I am curious though as to what day you picked it up that they didn't have the nerve to contact me.
Sorry to spoil your thread but I had to say it.

Last edited:
Wasn't a loaner car. It was mine that was ordered 1/15 reserved since January 2012 and to be picked up today. Tesla communication is deplorable. Even have the docusign documents emailed Friday night. Tuesday morning I am told it was sold instead of being told the time for pick up appointment
Can you say outrageously pissed off at Tesla?:cursing:

So you can walk in off the street and pick up a car the next day someone waited months for but tough luck if you are the one that waited and Tesla doesn't answer the phone, return voicemails or emails.
Finally got emailed Saturday saying looking forward to getting me into my new Tesla. Then yesterday all hell broke loose.

Enjoy it as I am absolutely miserable about what they pulled. Worse yet you live close by as I saw it going to visit a friend a few houses away in IF. (IF is proof of truth to owner)

No Tesla grin here after years waiting

Ill be surprised if this post stays. Pro Tesla TMC moderators are sure to delete it.
It's all true and have the proof.
I am curious though as to what day you picked it up that they didn't have the nerve to contact me.
Sorry to spoil your thread but I had to say it.

I'm having a tough time understanding what happened. Are you saying that you had ordered a multi-coat red car and it was supposed to be delivered to you today (or picked up by you today) and out of the blue the service center said your car was sold to another buyer? Did I understand that correctly? And if so, why would this have happened?

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless of the circumstances that is the most beautiful car I have ever seen in my life!