Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi-Coat Red Touch up paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally....its available! I am glad that we have the official touch up paint for rock chips etc. I just wonder how good this is.

Model S/X/3 Paint Repair Kit

upload_2018-10-6_8-8-48.png

I ordered it and received it in about three days. On Saturday I tried it on a small chip on my hood. It worked good to the point it’s hard to tell where the chip is until you look hard enough. I repeated the process as filling in and blending as described by the instructions. For $60 I am happy with the results compared to repainting the whole hood for $700.

The paint is a perfect match.

• Love
Reactions: Skione65
I ordered it and received it in about three days. On Saturday I tried it on a small chip on my hood. It worked good to the point it’s hard to tell where the chip is until you look hard enough. I repeated the process as filling in and blending as described by the instructions. For $60 I am happy with the results compared to repainting the whole hood for $700.

The paint is a perfect match.

@daver6640,

Sounds great. Glad to hear the paint is a great match and blends well. So how does it look compared to the surrounding areas that have clear coat? Does the touch up have some clear in it or just paint? Thinking about using it on a fisheye (my only one) instead of a crazy repaint. Also thinking about using it on an area or two with what looks like tiny black fleck/mark (2) under the clear instead of more crazy repaint but not sure of the result. Want to get these addressed one way or another before I PPF. Overall car is amazing!

Ski

@daver6640,

Sounds great. Glad to hear the paint is a great match and blends well. So how does it look compared to the surrounding areas that have clear coat? Does the touch up have some clear in it or just paint? Thinking about using it on a fisheye (my only one) instead of a crazy repaint. Also thinking about using it on an area or two with what looks like tiny black fleck/mark (2) under the clear instead of more crazy repaint but not sure of the result. Want to get these addressed one way or another before I PPF. Overall car is amazing!

Ski
Good question about clear coat. I think it does, I know it blends well. It is a good cheap fix. If you have OCD tendencies then you might have issues lol.

Reactions: Halcyon88
Yes, there are a lot of items out of stock. I know the roof rack has been out of stock for a long time now. I wonder if anyone is paying attention to replenish stock or it might not be that important to them.
I did wrap my front fenders, hood, and front bumper with Xpel back in October 2018. I am not worried about rock chips there. Cost is kind of high at $1800 but I am sure you can shop around.

The Multicoat Red appears to be in high demand. I've been waiting to purchase it because my son let his metal water bottle slip out of the passenger door and unfortunately because his rubber base came off earlier the sharp edge of the aluminum base chipped the paint on the door sill. Ouch!! Was considering some 3rd party suppliers but decided to wait to get the read deal from Tesla.

I also received my multi-coat RED that's been so difficult to obtain. I agree with @daver6644, find an open day with no scheduled commitments and take your time, be in the right mindset and don't rush to get it done. I'm glad it came out well. I'll take some before and after photos and post.