Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi-Layer Windshield Protection Films?

Daniellane

Supporting Member
Aug 13, 2017
Camas, Washington
Just got a full Suntek Wrap plus Gyeon Quarts Q2 MOHS Ceramic Coating.
6A0B9921-51E6-4DC8-9716-8CFC80B8EB87.jpeg

I have been searching for Windshield Protecion options. Came across these two which employ a multilayer film system. When a layer is damaged or at end of life, it peels off revealing a fresh new layer below it. Claims of optical clarity... Anyone with experience with either of these or any others? Recommendations please...

New website - Welcome

NewVision Films | Windshield Armor

Atinder

Apr 24, 2018
Kitchener
Just got a full Suntek Wrap plus Gyeon Quarts Q2 MOHS Ceramic Coating.
View attachment 293356
I have been searching for Windshield Protecion options. Came across these two which employ a multilayer film system. When a layer is damaged or at end of life, it peels off revealing a fresh new layer below it. Claims of optical clarity... Anyone with experience with either of these or any others? Recommendations please...

New website - Welcome

NewVision Films | Windshield Armor

You should check out alchemynano.com. It isn't a multilayered film but will last longer than any other windshield film on the market due to the unique top coating. They also have a longer warranty & they will replace your windshield if does break (additional charge).

TaoJones

Beyond Driven
Nov 10, 2014
The Americas
I had C-Bond exterior windshield coating applied down here in SoCal. It's possible you'll find a tint/wrap/coating detail shop up there who will apply it. Good warranty and inexpensive.

If you decide instead to roadtrip to SoCal, Extreme Autowerks did mine - can leave the car there while you do the Disneyland thing.

It's been on for a few months now. So far, so good.

That said, the alchemynano link upthread looks interesting. Choices, choices.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniellane

Daniellane

Supporting Member
Aug 13, 2017
Camas, Washington
I had C-Bond exterior windshield coating applied down here in SoCal. It's possible you'll find a tint/wrap/coating detail shop up there who will apply it. Good warranty and inexpensive.

If you decide instead to roadtrip to SoCal, Extreme Autowerks did mine - can leave the car there while you do the Disneyland thing.

It's been on for a few months now. So far, so good.

That said, the alchemynano link upthread looks interesting. Choices, choices.
Thanks for sharing.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC