TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Multi-Pattern Black Seats

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Ken7, Sep 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ken7

Ken7 Member

I've got a Model 3 on order, but I was also considering the Model S. If I did so, I'd probably go with a base model. I'm looking for feedback on both the comfort & look of the multi-pattern black seats. As I understand it, they are a cloth-type material. Do they look subpar or compromise comfort relative to the leather look seating?

My Tesla dealer has nothing in stock to show other than the small sample pieces.

2. Bebop

Bebop Member

Are they comfortable? Yes. They warm up and keep cool faster and better than leather so i heard.

Do they cheapen the look of the car? Yes.

It's pros and cons.

I originally had multi-pattern as part of my order. However I decided after taking a look at them to change my order to the leather (or in this case vegan leather) (still waiting to take delivery of my car, anytime soon hopefully).

I feel like If I'm going to commit some 80K to a car, I don't want it to look and feel cheap. But that's me personally. Doesn't mean my opinion is the right one. I came more to this conclusion after taking a test drive in a car that had the leather. it's nice.

Also I rarely see people with the multi-patterns. In person and on youtube as well. There must be a reason for that too.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Luvin' our multi's in the X. Come from full leather in our Landcruiser 200 series. I got a bit hot and sweaty in the full leather. The multi fabric is textured. I had my doubts when we ordered but given the choice again would choose the same

Plenty of passengers have commented on them being comfortable. None rude/honest enough to say they don't like 'em.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. tpham07

tpham07 Member

they are great. i prefer them over leather because leather you have to actively clean and take care of. They are also comfy for 20+ hour roadtrips

i don't believe they cheapen the look at the car one bit.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  5. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

Super comfortable, don't believe they cheapen the look at all (one of the points of the car is to challenge conventional thought), received positive feedback from folks who are used to leather seats, would definitely get them again, and they do warm up a lot quicker.

• Like x 2
  6. Mattzilla

Mattzilla Member

Save the money and get the multis. Love mine and have tried both. Car looks great either way.

• Informative x 1
  7. JonG

JonG Member

New or used? The early cars had different seat designs, new cars have the same regardless of finish.

New cars also don't have leather anymore, it's all artificial.

8. Buster1

Buster1 Member

I'm actually preferring the Multis for my order. In the Vegas heat, cloth seats are so much nicer and cooler overall. A friend gave me a test drive in his '15 70D with Multis and they were comfortable, and had a nice two-toned look in the cabin. I do wish they had multis in some other colors though.

• Like x 2
  9. Jelger

Jelger Member

I love them. Had leahther seats for years but really like this ones.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  10. jjh1234

jjh1234 Member

I, too, love my MP seats. I have the older non-next gen style that don't have as much bolstering and I like them that way since I'm pretty heavy. I find the newer Model S seats way too confining. The Model X ones are ok though. I guess the Model X ones are a little wider than the S. I'm not against bolstering since my seats in my Dodge Challenger SRT 392 are heavily bolstered and fit me perfectly.

Maybe you can travel to a couple different service centers or galleries to sit in any service loaners, demo units, or maybe in a used or other customer car with MP seats to try them out. Good luck!

• Informative x 1
  11. Ken7

Ken7 Member

This would be for a new car, Jon.

12. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Jelger, thanks much, those are great shots. They do look very nice and not 'cheap' at all. :)

13. Canuck9000

Canuck9000 P75D

we love them on our model S75D. They clean up easy...look great....and offer great support/bolstering....They definitely don't look cheap (coming from an owner of Leather for 25 years)

There was a previous review of the seat with an owner who had over 80K without any wear.

Go for them!

• Like x 1
  14. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

• Informative x 1
  15. Canuck9000

Canuck9000 P75D

i forgot to mention....they are also multi position power adjustable.....they have power lumbar and power headrests too. Mine are heated too. Definitely not cheap....

16. Winnie168

Winnie168 Member

Note that multi pattern black seats does not come with Alcantara headliner. It's black cloth. Mine was built in Q2 2017 with black cloth. Those who ordered multi patterned black seats in Q1 2017 lucked out and got Alcantara headliner.

• Like x 1
  17. tpham07

tpham07 Member

like me. you had to get the premium package too :)

18. Winnie168

Winnie168 Member

Actually, multi patterned seats with premium package still got cloth headliner in Q2 2017. VIN 198XXX. Only the dash was partially Alcantara, until they cancelled that sometime in Q3. Only way to get Alcantara headliner is with premium seats.

• Helpful x 1
  19. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

Love my multi over leather. Look brand new after 27,000 miles, with zero maintenance. Very comfortable, warms up quicker than leather. Will be ordering multi on my next tesla 100D

20. Langhorne

Langhorne Member

Had leather seats in my last 3 cars and I have no regrets getting multi on my MS. Last car was a black-on-black. Got a remote starter so I could start the car ahead of time, particularly in summer, where it felt like my butt was getting seared.