Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi-Pattern Black Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a Model 3 on order, but I was also considering the Model S. If I did so, I'd probably go with a base model. I'm looking for feedback on both the comfort & look of the multi-pattern black seats. As I understand it, they are a cloth-type material. Do they look subpar or compromise comfort relative to the leather look seating?

My Tesla dealer has nothing in stock to show other than the small sample pieces.

Are they comfortable? Yes. They warm up and keep cool faster and better than leather so i heard.

Do they cheapen the look of the car? Yes.

It's pros and cons.

I originally had multi-pattern as part of my order. However I decided after taking a look at them to change my order to the leather (or in this case vegan leather) (still waiting to take delivery of my car, anytime soon hopefully).

I feel like If I'm going to commit some 80K to a car, I don't want it to look and feel cheap. But that's me personally. Doesn't mean my opinion is the right one. I came more to this conclusion after taking a test drive in a car that had the leather. it's nice.

Also I rarely see people with the multi-patterns. In person and on youtube as well. There must be a reason for that too.

I'm actually preferring the Multis for my order. In the Vegas heat, cloth seats are so much nicer and cooler overall. A friend gave me a test drive in his '15 70D with Multis and they were comfortable, and had a nice two-toned look in the cabin. I do wish they had multis in some other colors though.

Reactions: caltechkid and Ken7
I love them. Had leahther seats for years but really like this ones.

Attachments

• IMG_1021.JPG
    IMG_1021.JPG
    417.1 KB · Views: 1,314
  • IMG_1022.JPG
    IMG_1022.JPG
    527.6 KB · Views: 1,012
  • IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    545.8 KB · Views: 977
I, too, love my MP seats. I have the older non-next gen style that don't have as much bolstering and I like them that way since I'm pretty heavy. I find the newer Model S seats way too confining. The Model X ones are ok though. I guess the Model X ones are a little wider than the S. I'm not against bolstering since my seats in my Dodge Challenger SRT 392 are heavily bolstered and fit me perfectly.

Maybe you can travel to a couple different service centers or galleries to sit in any service loaners, demo units, or maybe in a used or other customer car with MP seats to try them out. Good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: Ken7
we love them on our model S75D. They clean up easy...look great....and offer great support/bolstering....They definitely don't look cheap (coming from an owner of Leather for 25 years)

There was a previous review of the seat with an owner who had over 80K without any wear.

Go for them!

Reactions: Ken7
Had leather seats in my last 3 cars and I have no regrets getting multi on my MS. Last car was a black-on-black. Got a remote starter so I could start the car ahead of time, particularly in summer, where it felt like my butt was getting seared.